I am new to the Lexus cars I use 87 octane gas for my honda....

is it ok if I use the same type for my GS300 or should I use a higher Octane? I don't want any problems to occur because of octane is to low..... please advise :o

Congrats! Alexus-kia on your new car!

I purchase my Gs300 on Mar 6th

Would you please check your manual for proper octane.

What color is yours?

How many Miles did your car have when you purchased?

I am really loving my car this is my dream car.

Thanks Again

this has been discussed a ton of times.i only use high test in my car and most other lexus owners do the same but you can use low octane if you want but be advised it does make your car !Removed! the timing so it dont ping and thus you lose some performance and also carbon buildup from it.

i recommend at least 89.i use 93 and when im near a sunoco then i use 94 octane.the choice is yours.

I am new to the Lexus cars I use 87 octane gas for my honda....

is it ok if I use the same type for my GS300 or should I use a higher Octane? I don't want any problems to occur because of octane is to low..... please advise :o

The manual recomends 91, I would stick to that. The 2jz motors in our cars are higher compresssion. I've used lower with no detrimental effects. But it all depennds on the vehicles condition. If you're going to use 89 at least mix in some 91 or add some octane boost. Throw in a can of fuel injector cleaner every other tank as well. :D