Tte Front Grill

Hello everybody, i think i posted this exact question this time last year, i just got off the phone with Gordon at Carson toyota.

I am planning on buying a "tte" grill for my 2000 gs, every pic i've seen of a "tte" grill had the lexus emblem in it. but i was just told by Gordon that there is no "L" on the grill.

Is this something i need to install myself? If so, is there a way to salvage the "L" on my stock grill?

thanks again everyone......bubble boy

The front emblems on the GS is held by screws and they are a bit thick. They are not like the rear emblems that are held on by tape.

The TTE grille used to have an emblem made for it with specific attachment accessories. I've heard that TTE have discontinued the emblem (I don't know why.).

Unless you can find out otherwise, your best bet is to get an 'L' emblem that can be fastened by double-sided tape. I am not sure which car has the best emblem size for the TTE.

I will have this problem down the road too as I am also going to get the TTE. I have other mods that take precedence right now so the grille will have to wait.

Good luck.

Neo, i cant thank you enough, even know you just gave me bad news.But at least im alittle less confused about the grill.

I wonder if there is any way to get an older model grill, with the L in it. Its hard to find any info about this part in the states, so im very thankfull for your insite. If for any reason you come across a way to get an old one please let me know.

What are your plans for getting aroung the problem? Even if i find an emblem that fits in there nice, i want it to be perfectly centerd, and not look home made.

DAMMIT i shoulda got one last year.... Thanks for all the replies....bubble boy

I wonder if there is any way to get an older model grill, with the L in it. Its hard to find any info about this part in the states, so im very thankfull for your insite. If for any reason you come across a way to get an old one please let me know.

What are your plans for getting aroung the problem? Even if i find an emblem that fits in there nice, i want it to be perfectly centerd, and not look home made.

Since I'm not getting in soon, I have not thought about how to remedy the problem yet.

As for the older models, it does not matter. The 'L' was not a part of the grille. It as an "accessory" if you wanted to purchase it separately. The grille should still be the same.

One thing you should pursue is that the Euro Sport models now have the TTE grilles on them. Of course you also see the 'L'. I am not sure what Lexus is doing with that car. Is it the now phased out TTE 'L' or a taped on version? I don't have the answer to that but it is worth pursuing.

it comes seperatly, you can order from same place where you got your tte grill, i install it on my cars looks freakin awesome

Can you still buy the emblem? I was told last year that they were no longer sold. I just sent email to another contact to verify for me. We'll see.

Thanks alexus thats is good news to hear, if i can still find it. How long ago did you get it?

and who did you order it though?

And just for shots and goggles, how much was your totall $ for the grill and the emblem.

And do you have any pictures of your bubble?

thanks again guys.

Waht color is your gs? And do you have any pics of it, id love to see it

I have a bronze mica GS. It is getting some minor work done right now so I'll have some pics in a few weeks. ;)