2013 Es350 - What's The Voice Command For Climate Control?

timzter

In my previous 2010 ES350, assuming my A/C was on, all I had to do was hit the voice command button on the steering wheel and say, "75 degrees" and the climate control system would echo my request by saying "75 degrees" and automatically adjusted the temperature setting on the console to the target temperature of 75 degrees.

What is the equivalent command(s) in the 2013 ES350? I called my dealership's service center, but even they did not know the answer! I then called the Lexus Customer Experience (1-800-255-3987) and the rep I was talking to didn't know either and had to put me on hold for over 10 minutes to look it up. At the end, her answer was the 2013 ES350 doesn't have a way to control the temperature with a voice command anymore! Really???? I looked up the manual, but couldn't find anything useful. Anybody knows?

Wow, NO REPLIES to my question??? Is it true, then, there is NO WAY to control the climate with voice commands anymore???

• 4 weeks later...

I turned on Expanded Voice Commands. Then I turned on the AC and pressed the Voice button on the steering wheel and said, "Warmer." Couldn't recognize it. "Cooler." No deal. Do YOU have success making it work? I don't understand why they took away the ability to be able to simply say, "67 degrees" like in the 2010 ES. Even if it "Cooler" works, how many times must I say it before it hits the desired temperature setting?

We just got an ES 350 2 weeks ago. I turned on expanded voice commands in the settings section of the navigation system, on the voice page. I can say 'Warmer' or 'Cooler' and it will move the temp up or down 4 degrees. That's the only way you can move it, 4 degrees at a time, not a specific temp.

I find it easier(faster) to just hit the buttons on the steering wheel. :unsure: Seems pretty worthless.

My quick technology guide shows that I should be able to work the audio system with these expanded voice commands too, but I don't have 'Play Artist' or 'Play Artist' on my shortcut menu and it doesn't recognize that command. Are you having any luck with that one?

In order for "Play Song" or "Play Artist" to work, you need to connect your iPhone (not sure about Androld) to the USB port in the compartment next to the gear stick. Connecting it to the cigarette lighter won't work. Once you connect your iPhone to the USB port it will start uploading the info to the nav system. It will take a while (over 20 minutes I think for 1500 songs, approximately). Then and only then will the menu allow you to say "Play Song". Also, if it is updating its database (say, if you added 10 songs later), it will say it is busy and to try again later. If the song's name is like "Piano Concerto No. 2" and you say "Number 2", you'd be out of luck. Also, it cannot understand languages other than English. I have a Russian artist named "Игорь Крутой" pronounced "Igor Krutoy" and it has no idea what I am saying. Piece of *BLEEP*. Honestly, the voice recognition system in the Lexus sucks. I have a friend's name in my Contacts list name "Ed Cohen." It couldn't understand "Ed" unless I say "Ee Dee Co Hen".

Ask a simple question, get the Tower of Babel.

In the 2013 ES350 NAVIGATION manual, it insturcts the user to say; "Automatic climate control."----This controls turning the system on and off. Say "warmer for more heat, and say cooler for colder air.

I have found that with the two ES cars I've had with Navigation, the Nav owners guide always covers the audio system in the greatest depth. But, I have a feeling that this thread may just confuse the situation more.

• 6 months later...

I have discussed a shortcoming with my dealer, and he was stumped as well. It seems impossible to turn off the A/C with voice commands. The only thing you can do is turn off the entire climate control system. But if you have been in hot weather and turned down the temperature to, say 70-degrees, and now it's nighttime and you want outside air at 70-degrees, you cannot make only the A/C turn off with voice commands. You must go into the menu system with the joystick, find "Climate" and then click on the AC tab. This is really a shortcoming, and I cannot understand Lexus's thinking behind it.