Windows & Sunroof Opening 2010 Rx350

damcc

We seem to have a mystery type issue: twice now, several months apart, my wife has entered the 2010 RX350 only to find the

windows & sunroof open.

Anyone else had this happen?

Any help appreciated.

We have owned the car since new.

Thanks, Dennis

Found the same problem posted online; thanks Google.

The "open" button on remote, if held down, opens windows and roof.

Tried it. Yup.

Mystery solved. We have owned the RX for three years; never knew about it!

• 1 month later...

This happened to me when I was moving around inside my 2010 RX350 in a parking lot a month ago. The car beeped and all the windows including the skylight opened. I looked up to see a group of teenagers walking by holding some kind of black box device. I assumed it to be a game console of some kind. Not knowing any better I then assumed some spurious radiation from the device must have affected my car. It happened again a couple of weeks later while I was again moving around inside my car. However, there was no one around outside. Maybe this is a benign Lexus abnormality but I am concerned that there is electronic hacking of some sort going on and I am in the process of investigating it.

I tried holding down the open button on my remote and yes, it did cause the windows and skylight to start opening but the opening stopped immediately when I released the button. I tried it twice. This is not the behavior I experienced and described in my previous post. In other words the windows, door locks, and skylight opened all the way with no hesitation and I was not accidentally leaning or pressing on my remote which was in my pocket. I am still investigating.

• 1 year later...

This has happened to me twice. The last time was last week during a snowstorm. In my situation I never use the fob to open or close the doors. I simply touch the handle for what I need. The fob is covered in its sheath and is never inside pockets. It hangs from a key holder loosely in my bag. Both times that this has happened, it occured way after the car had been parked in the driveway and both fobs were in their usual place in a drawer. I'm wondering whether it's not other remotes or electronic devices used by other people on our street that are causing this. The last time it happened, my mother noticed that the car across the street had blinked on and off by itself as if the neighbors had opened the doors and were getting ready to go outside but this was in the middle of the night and they did not leave their house or get into their car. I'm due for a service call and do not want to be told that it's because the fob was inadvertantly pressed. That is absolutely not the case in my situation.

• 2 months later...