Install Your Lx470 Navigation Dvd Update Yourself

save yourself the $42 the dealers charge for the update. move the passenger seat fully forward and tip up the rear as high as possible. you will see a cover with two plastic screws. unscrew them and remove the cover. this is the ecu for the navigation. on the left side there is a lock... slide it to the right. turn on the ignition. push the eject button by the lock button on the ecu. the disk will pop out. check the version that you have. ONCE YOU INSTALL THE NEW DISK IT WILL ALSO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE OLDER VERSION. SLIDE THE LOCK BACK TO THE LEFT AND REINSTALL THE COVER. MOVE THE SEAT BACK AND CONGRADULATIONS... YOU JUST SAVED $42.

• 1 year later...
save yourself the $42 the dealers charge for the update.  move the passenger seat fully forward and tip up the rear as high as possible.  you will see a cover with two plastic screws.  unscrew them and remove the cover.  this is the ecu for the navigation.  on the left side there is a lock...  slide it to the right.  turn on the ignition.  push the eject button by the lock button on the ecu.  the disk will pop out.  check the version that you have.  ONCE YOU INSTALL THE NEW DISK IT WILL ALSO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE OLDER VERSION.  SLIDE THE LOCK BACK TO THE LEFT AND REINSTALL THE COVER.  MOVE THE SEAT BACK AND CONGRADULATIONS...  YOU JUST SAVED $42.

drb:

what version of nav dvd are you using?? i have '02 LX470 and i just got myself v.04.1. it ain't working for me. help

• 9 months later...
save yourself the $42 the dealers charge for the update.  move the passenger seat fully forward and tip up the rear as high as possible.  you will see a cover with two plastic screws.  unscrew them and remove the cover.  this is the ecu for the navigation.  on the left side there is a lock...  slide it to the right.  turn on the ignition.  push the eject button by the lock button on the ecu.  the disk will pop out.  check the version that you have.  ONCE YOU INSTALL THE NEW DISK IT WILL ALSO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE OLDER VERSION.  SLIDE THE LOCK BACK TO THE LEFT AND REINSTALL THE COVER.  MOVE THE SEAT BACK AND CONGRADULATIONS...  YOU JUST SAVED $42.

drb:

what version of nav dvd are you using?? i have '02 LX470 and i just got myself v.04.1. it ain't working for me. help

Hello...

I just bought a 2002 LX470. The area I live in is quite new and there are hardly any neighborhood roads showing up. The map version in the GPS is 2001. Do you know any way I can have this updated so the new roads and areas will show? Thanks!

-Paul Pannu

paulpannu@gmail.com

Hello...

I just bought a 2002 LX470. The area I live in is quite new and there are hardly any neighborhood roads showing up. The map version in the GPS is 2001. Do you know any way I can have this updated so the new roads and areas will show? Thanks!

-Paul Pannu

paulpannu@gmail.com

http://lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?SubCat...D=93&ModelID=30

Instructions there, too.