Bfi Store?

Hites

why hasnt anybody thought of this yet? im thinking mostly of the plastic parts for like the 3rd gen bfi. just eliminate the difficult stuff and do the airbox modification yourself. hell, id be willing to pay some to get rid of some stress out of it.

You guys should post some of your BFI pics on here so I can see and hopefully understand what it is going on!!! I think I have seen one pic where the guy cut large holes in the airbox cover and then put cookie cutters inside the holes to make it nice and shiny. It looked very nice. Is this the BFI concept on the SC. Rig your airbox to receive as much air as possible??? This is the only car that I have owned where they make almost 0 parts for it.

I remember that the BFI made the car accelerate faster. I made that in Summer of last year. I still remember that the tachometer would rise quicker. For sure I got at the minimum of 2 hp increase, to a max of around 10 hp. The creator of the idea (Peter Scott @ http://www.planetsoarer.com used somewhat sketchy data, but the calculations got ~13 hp increase on an sc400.

Hites, if you like, I will see if we have some scrap metal laying around at work. If so, I'll cut out the cover and fab up a frame to mount it too. You might have to cut the frame down though depending on how you do your box. I also have a cone filter element left over from my old 93 SC, all you would need is a maf adapter, wich I think I still also have. You could put the box around it. That is the way my 93 was set up. Let me know if you are interested.

Hites, if you like, I will see if we have some scrap metal laying around at work. If so, I'll cut out the cover and fab up a frame to mount it too. You might have to cut the frame down though depending on how you do your box. I also have a cone filter element left over from my old 93 SC, all you would need is a maf adapter, wich I think I still also have. You could put the box around it. That is the way my 93 was set up. Let me know if you are interested.

is the sc3's air box and air intake track the same as the sc4's?

What do you guys think would be a fair price? Let me raid the garage and see what I can scrounge up. The SC4 and SC3 box are just a little different. Anything I make would probably need a little modification to fit perfect. I do have that cone element and maf adapter if anyone is interested. Easy conversion.

What do you guys think would be a fair price? Anything I make would probably need a little modification to fit perfect.

i dont have a clue about price; id have to know how much materials cost you to give you an accurate price. what do mean by a little modification? some grinding of the edges (assuming you use stainless steel instead of plastic)? hole punching/drilling?