Automatic Transmission Underfilled 4 Quarts And Engine Overfilled 4 Li

Josef2

ES 330 2006, 37000 miles. Anyone has experience driving 3500 miles with automatic transmission almost empty and engine overfilled with 4 liters of oil? I changed the engine oil and refilled the transmission with Toyota ATF when I learned about the problem. I put 4 Quarts of ATF to refill the transmission. The car is still running and I do not experience any problems but wonder what damage the engine and transmission could have suffered. This happened when I was for long time out of town, my daughter needed the car and my bellowed son (34) provided the service. He used oil extractor and obviously by mistake removed the ATF and put extra 4 liters of Valvoline oil into the engine. Checking the oil level after the change did not consider necessary. My daughter drove around 3500 miles not knowing. I found out when I returned home.

I would think the most damage would be to clutch plates in the transmission. overfill of engine would possible cause oil being blown into the intake manifold. Hopefully all fluids are now at proper levels...good luck