Michelin Tires

My original Michelins on my RX350 (2009) are gone after 24000 miles. Thre is no warranty on orig. installed tires as you know. Replacement Mich. will come with 50000 mile threadwear warranty, but can you believe that .............

What else should I consider, live in CA, no snow, little rain. Was happy with the feel and ride of the Mich.Energy MXV4's.

Do like to.drive fast.. Any suggestions ?????

thank you.

After many thousands of miles, I still highly recommend the Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. They handle well, are very quiet, and seem to be wearing very slowly.

My original Michelins on my RX350 (2009) are gone after 24000 miles. Thre is no warranty on orig. installed tires as you know. Replacement Mich. will come with 50000 mile threadwear warranty, but can you believe that .............

What else should I consider, live in CA, no snow, little rain. Was happy with the feel and ride of the Mich.Energy MXV4's.

Do like to.drive fast.. Any suggestions ?????

thank you.

I put Bridgestones (Alenza's, I think) on my wife's '09 after the MXV4's were DONE at 30k miles. I probably should've replaced them before then. I've never been so disappointed with a set of Michelins. They were my "go-to" tire brand before that set. The Bridgestones ride good, have excellent tread depth and have shown very little, if any, wear after 20k miles. The ride isn't as good as the Michelins were, but I'll take longevity over a silky smooth ride, at least when it comes to a set wearing out as quickly as the Michelins did.

I had the same problem with the Michelin MXV4 tires on my 07 400H. They lasted Less than 30,000 miles. The michelin rep did nothing to help. He wanted me to buy another new set of Michelin tires then send the old ones back for inspection. I won't be buying Michelin again.

Hi Guys,

I'm in new territory hear so would like your opinions.

We just added a new 2013 RX350 to our Lexus family and I was a little puzzeled to see it come with Dunlop Grand Touring tires from the factory or receiving point. My 2013 ES350 came with Bridgestone but I had the dealer put on Michlen Primacy, which is what I always run on my ES's.

The Donlop are quiet enough but ride bumpy and bouncy...(is that a word?) and just kind of hard to adjust to.

Is this just the normal ride for a 19" tire and a Dunlop?

Yhanks!!

Paul

I bought a used 2008 Rx 350 in 2009. It came with the same Michelin tires you have, and I've stayed with that brand/model for all replacement tires. They last around 30 - 35K miles. I'm an average driver, and I've been very happy with their performance. I believe Consumer Reports has consistently rated Michelin as one of the best tires for most drivers in most situations. I would be reluctant to try a different brand.

• The Consumer Reports 2013 Buying Guide lists the Continental PureContact all-season (V-rated) as #1. In 2nd place is Pirelli's P7 Cinturato A/S and third, the Michelin Primacy MXV4.

Note that the MX4's do have a 60 month treadwear warranty. However(!), this warranty is voided if the tires are not rotated according to a specific schedule. I bought my tires from my Lexus dealership and after less than 30K miles they recommended that I replace them. I asked why tire rotation was never mentioned when I came in for my regular service (always done at the same dealer) and they said that they only rotate tires if requested by the customer. Not to exonerate Michelin, but if it is a condition of the warranty AND if I bought my tires at the same dealership where I get my vehicle serviced, then they should be knowledgeable about the warranty requirements and at least mention tire rotation when I bring it in for service. I will try the Yokohamas going forward but I will not be buying them from the dealership.

Your absolutely right. Your dealer or whom ever, should rotate most brands every 5,000 miles. Why they don't do this when you bring in your ES350 for service is strange. It is a billable item charged at so much per tire. Maybe they don't need the money.

My dealer is great. Next week I'm having them take off my all-season Michelins and put on my Blazak snow tires. Since I can't fit all four snow tires in my ES that are at the present stored in my garage, the dealer will come out and pick up the tires, take them back to the dealer, mount and balance the snow tires, and deliver the all-season's back to my house.

There is no charge for any of the pick up and delivery and the cost for switching the tires is about $35 each.

After many thousands of miles, I still highly recommend the Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. They handle well, are very quiet, and seem to be wearing very slowly.

Hi Dave,

Do you have an idea how much the Yokohama's are in your region?

James,

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but rotating tires should be common sense, particularly on an AWD vehicle.

We replaced the OEM tires on our '08 RX350 with Goodyear Assurance ComforTread Touring tires. The OEM Michelins needed to be replaced at around 20k miles, which should be expected on a high performance summer only tire but is a ridiculously short life span for an all-season. The Goodyear's are wearing much better and perform just fine.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my query regarding the Michelin Tires. Decided to get them as replacements after all.

Michelin is getting it !!!!!

The warranty is now as follows.......30 day return if you don't like them, 3 year free flat fix and towing for 150 miles, and a 6 year warranty plus a 50000 mile treadwear ( with rotation )

I bought them at Costco, where they will check tirepressure free every month and do the rotation on a recommended schedule. Since I don't drive all that much anymore they should last me a long time. They are a great fit for the Lexus RX350, very smooth and practically noiseless. ( the Bridgestones are loud ! ) Total price out the door was $882.00 for a set of 4 Energy MXV4 for 18" wheels

Just had my 08 RX350 detailed and given the 30k service in Atlanta at Nalley - Roswell. The Michelins have about 3k miles left. I'm planning a road trip and will replace with the same MX4's because of the ride. The dealer will price match any discounter here in Atlanta. My dealer back in Pa. never did that.

Two year road hazard will also be included. The new warranty sounds good. Will check it out. I've driven on Contis and Dunlops in the past and the ride was not as smooth. It's a tradeoff for comfort for me. I don't put on the miles so @6,000 mpy it will work for me w/Michelin.

Hi Dave,

Do you have an idea how much the Yokohama's are in your region?

Hello, Paul,

I normally check prices at tirerack.com and either order from them or use that price as a bargaining chip, locally. I did buy the Parada-Xs from Tirerack and had a Big-O Tire shop install/balance them. Currently, they are $159 each + shipping, but no tax.

The Michelins I have on my Camry are crap! They leak air in the winter and they have poor traction on wet surfaces.

I've had both Toyo and Yokohamas on my 2006 RX 400h and they have given me great mileage and performance. My Toyota dealer gives me very competitive prices on tires and rotates and fixes flats for free.

BTW, I use my Toyota dealer for routine service, minor repairs, and inspections. I only go to the Lexis dealer when there is something very specific to Lexus that they can't handle... like replacing the power seat mechanism recently. I save 25-50% on service and their coffee and bagels are just as good the the Lexus dealer's.