Why Is There No Chiltin Or Haynes Repair Man

wolfenalpha

This is my first lexus and I am used to buying chilton or haynes books for my used cars. I just bought a 91 ls 400 and can't find one by them. Baffling me. I also haven't been able to find any used service manuals. Don't understand why its so difficult to find decently priced manuals for such an old car. Can anyone help as I prefer to do as much repair work myself as possible as I am very budget minded..lol.

• Like 1

You can get invaluable info at this link.

http://www.lexls.com/

The above link is by far the most complete tutorial for the jobs that it does list. He deserves any donations he get.

There is also a non-US guy that will sell you a download of the complete manual for about 7 bux. I found it on ebay I think.

Anyway it came thru complete but lacks some indexing so you have to do a bit of searching for what you need.

That guy's address is. fahad.victoria@gmail.com I think this may still be a valid addy.

Drop me a line in mid Nov. if you have no luck, will be at my winter home then and have more info for you.

Dikwag at gmail dot com

R. Clikdik

• Like 2

thanks a lot guys. just a quick question: will a repair manual for a 95 ls work for the 91 as I found one pretty cheap on ebay and I would think that most of the components shouldn't have changed that much in four years. Whats the viewpoint on that?

thanks a lot guys. just a quick question: will a repair manual for a 95 ls work for the 91 as I found one pretty cheap on ebay and I would think that most of the components shouldn't have changed that much in four years. Whats the viewpoint on that?

A 95 manual will help with some things but not all because there were significant designs changes in 95 which make it different, in some regards, to the 91. The factory service manual is, in my opinion, kinda lame. It can show somewhat cryptic illustrations and can be frustrating at times. However, with forums like this and searching the web, you will have a ton of info. I would go the alldata route and download your 91 info. One most important and powerful tool which many newbies ignore is the "search" feature on this and other forums. Heck, even google search is extremely powerful. Learn to use the search engine and you can find almost anything you want for free. Information is power.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just join this site for $15 for 48 hours and download the model specific service manual plus numerous other helpful titles....

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/appmanager/t3/ti;TISESSIONID=dTm2J68DCLGk1vq4CGhm2Hb3c6Q1GylCxdg1gT0QNfnwL21QwnYS!-2021909055?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ti_home_page