aprice2pay

Good Afternoon Everyone-

I purchased a 2002 LS430 on Saturday and I'm hoping that one of you out there can help me out with an issue that I'm having before I bother taking it to the dealer. The issue is this: The keyless entry isn't working. I don't think it's the key/fob, as I've had that tested and it's fine. It will lock and unlock the passenger's side rear door lock and the trunk, but that's about it. When I try to unlock it using the switches on the inside of the car, the same thing happens. Only the passenger's side rear door will lock and unlock. It's annoying, but i'm not sure if this is a programming thing or if this require door actuators all the way around. Any advice?

More than likely your door actuators are gone, having the same problem with my driver door. There is a tutorial on replacing the motors in the actuator if you don't want to change the whole actuator which runs a pretty penny. The motors can be bought on ebay. It is a pretty lengthy process to pull the actuators out but doable. Check out the tutorial to see if you're up to it and also it's a little different if you have the auto-close door setup.

Thanks for the Insight. I had the checked by Lexus, and apparently 3 of the 4 are crap. No surprise there. My follow up question is since I have to replace them, can I replace them with the "easy close" version?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Insight. I had the checked by Lexus, and apparently 3 of the 4 are crap. No surprise there. My follow up question is since I have to replace them, can I replace them with the "easy close" version?

Yes, the motor itself is the same for easy close or not. I have easy close and I replaced it by following the tutorial.

I have the same problem on the driver's door of my 05 LS430. I removed the actuator assembly but now cannot get it back into the car. The latch part will not go around the window track, even though I removed the two bolts that hold the track to allow it to "float". It came out fairly easily, but getting it back in is a real !Removed!!

Anyone have any links or suggestions?

• 4 years later...

Thanks, guys, but where is this tutorial you mention? I have the same problem with the front passenger door on my 2002 LS 430. Also have something wrong with the driver side power side mirror. It moves left to right but not up and down. Is that possibly yet another actuator failure?

Door lock actuator tutorial:  https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/520505-ls-430-door-lock-actuator-tutorial-9.html

There are two types of actuators. With auto door closures (larger). Without auto door closures (smaller)

Clean contacts when mirrors don't adjust: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/522148-mirror-adjustment-switch.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2003 LS 430. that I've had since New, the front passenger door lock was not working for a while and just started working on day when I happen to press my undock and hold it down on my key fob and found out all the windows and sun roof will open. Shortly after that my door lock started working again. 

I recently had a passenger jerk on the same front passenger handle several time as I was unlocking it from the drivers side and not it's not working again.. 

Could this be a reset thing or something else. Hopefully Not the actuator.