Navigation Maps Updates

Rugby

Do the annual navigation map updates just update the data of the maps or is there an update included in the software application? I find the software very clumsy to enter destination and other information and would spring for an update (I have a 2006 version!) if the software was more user friendly and intuitive.

An update usually doesn't change the way the navigation works except for minor improvements like automating the "I Agree" in one update.

You might be interested in the following website: http://www.lexusnavigation.com/why_update.php

Nav updates are pretty cheap - $169 retail and you can probably update it yourself.

• 3 months later...

Our 2011 ES350 (purchased used) came with a 2007 Navigation Owner's Manual. The dealer says there were no significant changes to the navigation manual during those four years, so the '07 manual should be fine to use with an '11 navigation system. True??

The dealer is mistaken. 2007-2009 ES350's have a DVD based system and 2010-2012's have a hard drive system. Updates are handled differently and the hard drive system has features the previous gen didn't. If it's important to you, you should try to find the correct manual - If not you can learn as you go with your nav version.

• 1 month later...

An update usually doesn't change the way the navigation works except for minor improvements like automating the "I Agree" in one update.

You might be interested in the following website: http://www.lexusnavigation.com/why_update.php

Nav updates are pretty cheap - $169 retail and you can probably update it yourself.

Morning! Tried to use the web site but it didn't work. Has there been a revision?

Thanks

Wayne