Whining On Startup And Lasts Till A Few Seconds After Cutting Engine

Bnksmom

I just purchased the GX460 from a family friend. The car has 48,000 miles and is in good shape. The other day it started a very low whine at startup and will continue until about 15 seconds after I kill the engine. It is not the audio or A/C, as when I turn both of those off it continues. I even thought it might be related to the Bluetooth, so I disconnected my phone. No luck. When I took it to the dealer after driving it for over an hour, it wasn't making the sound anymore and wouldn't when I shut if off and then back on. However, when out of the car for 10-25 minutes, it starts again. Any thoughts?

I think I've figured it out! Appears that one of the back seats that raises and lowers electronically was not locked into the down position all the way (but you couldn't tell by looking at it). By chance, I raised and lowered the seats yesterday and it whined at me when one wasn't all the way into position. I held the button until it stopped whining and I haven't heard the noise since. Silence can truly be golden!

Thanks for your response.