Passenger Power Window Moving In Opposite Direction Of Switch Or Not A

princered72

My Passenger Power window is actiing up. Never really noticed until a few weeks ago it started. When I go to lower from the driver door sometime it will not go down. It will eventually go down. Strange thing is when I go to put it up, again using the driver door switches, it will go down. Sometimes does it the opposite. When I press the button to lower it, the window will go up. I noticed it also does this from the passenger door.

i had a new battery installed a few months ago. Sometimes the passenger window would hesitate prior to replacing the battery but nothing like this. I have read about reinitializing the relays or solenoids, which I disconnected the battery and reconnected and went through the process that was posted here. Passenger window did not move up or down. After much playing with the switches it finally closed. I am thinking it might be the motor since both the driver door switch and the passenger switch do the same thing. Any thoughts? Could the switches still need to be initialized?

Thanks!

I read this topic when it was first posted and saw that you did everything the manual and reason calls for so I did not respond.

If the battery had just been replaced then initialization might have been the suspect. But initialization can be lost.

The switches working in reverse is a clue to a confused computer. But Halloween is just around the corner so maybe it is haunted. :wacko:

My story is that the passenger window couldn't be controlled from the driver's switches. It worked fine from the passenger's switches. Then the battery was replaced a few months later. The switches were initalized and then the switches all worked as intended.

So....try disconnecting the battery once again and leave it unconnected overnight to be sure any residual power has been drained from the computer. Reconnect the battery to reboot the computer and give initalization another try.

Since each door has its own motor it is extremely doubtful that both would go bad at the same time.

GDixon. Thanks for the repsonse. I was thinking maybe trying the reinitialization again, perhpas didnot leave the battery disconnected long enough. The problem was there prior to the battery replacement but very infrequent. After the battery replace it is constant.

The problem was similar with mine. The passanger window stopped working about six months before the battery needed to be replaced. I have to admit that the switch working "opposite" is a new one that I haven't seen before. It just has to be the computer.

It is odd that the situration is worse after the battery was replaced. Re-initalization is worth a try and is the least expensive first thing to look at. Sometime people, me in particular, skip the first simple things to try and go on to the most expensive solution first. Not very brilliant.

There is also a thread just updated today that discusses a vaguely similar problem.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/77706-passenger-side-power-window-does-not-work/

• 2 weeks later...

I did another reinitialization and I beleive it worked. Haven't had any problems with it since. This was the 3rd time for the reinitialization so I guess 3rd time is the charm!

Hope you've got the problem fixed!! Nothing more frustrating than trying to chase an intermitant failure.

Was just thinking, you would not be the first person to have the driver door master swirch assembly go south on an older model. It's a pretty rare chance, but it could be possible that your software and the switch assembly both have issues.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul