Ran Over A Curb..please Help

Ct200hyay

Hi there. So like the idiot that I am, I was driving and ran over those island thing with grass and plants in the middle of the road. I immediately turned the wheel so I would drive off the curb as soon as possible and pulled over. I have a flat tire under the drivers seat area. It looks like there aren't scratches that are visible but there are definitely some scratches underneath. (I didnt get a thorough look because i was in a rush to get home and get a ride from someone else) Please tell me what other damages I should look for and be careful of. Is this going to affect my cars performance or my cars life? Please help me out!' This is my very first car and there's only 10,800 miles on it so I would like to take good care of my car :(

I think your best course of action is to take your car to a Lexus dealer for evaluation. Components under a car are largely tucked up into and protected by the underbody of the car so there may not be any real damage .... but there could be.

• 3 months later...

I agree. Take your car to your Lexus dealer as soon as possible, tell them what happened and ask them to check the wheel and steering components. Make sure you did not bend the rim and that all of the steering and wheel parts are in good shape. What might not seem as much damage to you could cause an unsafe driving condition sometime in the future. It is worth some time, effort and money to make sure that your car is safe to drive.