96 Ls 400 Tailpipe

AlmightyLexus

get new mufflers....:)

im thinking bout that too but i'm gonna change whole exaust system and get rid of those catalitic converters to let my engine breath

I understand why you want to change them because the tailpipes on the Gen 1 are awesome. However, before I spent big bucks, I'd do what VMF did. They look very original.

VMF are you kidding? if you get rid of the cat, you will have to do it yourself as it is a violation of federal emission laws to remove it. Even junkyards are not allowed to sell catalytic converters. Also, I know they do emission testing in NYC, which of course it won't pass without them. I guess it would be okay if you lived in Missip*BLEEP*i or something though. Hey, you still gotta remove that dealer sticker plate from above your Lexus.

plus i will not drive my ls on a regula basis

i think i will getmyself smth like mitsubishi galant 2000 for like 4k

and ls is gonna be my project car:)

well :) a lot of things are prohibited in NY. but.... they let it go. you cant even have tint in your car according to the law but you will get a ticket for the tint only if you *BLEEP* off the officer really bad

ok here is what you do, you just go to strauss and get the one you like and the one thats gonna fit your car. no modification is necessary. just leave the cashier your license and you can take the part and bring it to your car to make sure its gonna fit. there is no part number and total for 2 tips is 14$

Hey VMF:

You're gonna have to do something with your picture. Too large.

Exhaust tips are readily available at any aftermarket retailer, ie pepboys, AutoZone, Advanced Auto, Online.

I'd change the exhaust system. Yes it costs a lot, but they're sound so nice.

BTW, you can upgrade your Catalic Converter to a Turbo or Truck Spec Cat to let it breath better, and I think Penn, has the same Inspection testing procedure as New York. I wouldn't be surprised if they lift or pop the hood.

UCF

What you said about "sounds so nice" intriqued me. With these 4L engines being totally quiet, I have often imagined what it would sound like with flowmasters. I'll bet it has a great sound around 6,000.

Any experiences with such?

Denny

Not directly, but I have my eyes on a JICs Bullet Spartam or the Blitz NUR for my LS. I'm going to stay away from the Flowmaster Mufflers, too domestic. In any case, I'm going for the Complete custom pipes setup /w a 2.5-3.0" piping. I'm also going with a Turbo Cat from the Supra. I believe it should work, but when I'm ready to customize that's when I'll tackle the project.

If you have a highspeed connection, check this site out. For some reason, I end up listening to it every night.:pirate:

http://www.lexusgonewild.com/norCal_v2/V8exhaustComp.htm