Rear Axle Carrier Bushings

ssdoeg2

Good day all,

I'm in the process of replacing the left rear hub bearing and during the removal of the axle carrier I destroyed the bushing for the strut rod ( axle carrier side not frame side). I'm unable to find a part number for it in the shop manual. Vehicle is a 1995 ls400. Any help is appreciated, Many thanks in advance for all your help over the years and letting me have a champagne taste on a beer budget. Recently picked up an ls430 so I'm fixing the 95 to sell.

I do not see the bushing offered as a separate part and assume it will come with a new strut rod. The part number I see at http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1995_LEXUS_LS400_UCF20L-AEPGKA_4804.html?hl=48780A for a rear strut rod is 48780-50020.

I see the rear strut rod for at $102.66 at http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/4804480599-PowertrainAndChassis-LS400-1995.html when you register with your forum member name.

Thanks for the replies gents, sorry for the late response but extremely busy. The bushing on the axle carrier side is a part of the axle carrier itself so buying a strut rod woulld not solve the issue. Will go to the stealership I guess to order one, again thanks for your reponses, much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day all,

Finally got the bushing and the bearing replaced and reinstalled the axle carrier. When I put the car in gear while up on jacks the reinstalled axle carrier does not spin properly or at all while the other side is ok. I have tightened the axle nut further with no change thinking I did not have the carrier in far enough but I would think the drive shaft should have spun properly anyway. Any thoughts appreciated guys, will try to figure it out and check back online for any tips in a few.

Forgot to mention that car is nice and quiet now, Will wait on other side to replace bearing as it seems to be ok. Many thanks to all for your support and thanks again 1990ls and Dashan on this issue.