2001 Rx300 Keyless Entry Fuse?

trpl7

I have a 01 RX300 Silversport, as of last night my remote keyless entry/alarm has quit working. I didn't see a fuse for it under the hood, does anyone know if a fuse does exist and where? Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Trp

Two fuses in the manual reference the power lock system. Fuses 8 and 24. Fuse 8 is in one of the engine compartment boxes (there are 2) and fuse 24 is in the fuse box under the driver side instrument panel.

Fuse number 8 also is related to the power outside mirrors and fuse number 24 is also related to the cigarette lighter. (I think I have them correct)

Do your outside mirrors still work?? If not, it is probably related to fuse 8.

Do you still have power to your cigarette lighter? If not, fuse 24 is probably your culprit.

Check them out and let me know if you need more help.

• 2 years later...

I have the same issue, but mine is on a 2000 RX300. Suddenly both keys fail to work for keyless entry.

I have checked fuses 7, 12, and 22 which have to do with the door lock system. Everything else works including the items sharing those fuses such as the horn, and cigarette lighter.

I checked how many codes were entered for the keyless entry system and there were two. I cannot add either key as the car does not respond to them.

I read about a control unit in another forum which had problems with the ROM card not being seated properly. Does anyone know where the control unit is located in the 2000 RX3000? Anyone have wiring diagrams for this vehicle?

thanks-

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue, but mine is on a 2000 RX300. Suddenly both keys fail to work for keyless entry.

I have checked fuses 7, 12, and 22 which have to do with the door lock system. Everything else works including the items sharing those fuses such as the horn, and cigarette lighter.

I checked how many codes were entered for the keyless entry system and there were two. I cannot add either key as the car does not respond to them.

I read about a control unit in another forum which had problems with the ROM card not being seated properly. Does anyone know where the control unit is located in the 2000 RX3000? Anyone have wiring diagrams for this vehicle?

thanks-

thanks-

• 2 weeks later...