How To Open The Trunk?

omr

Hello, my brother locked the master keys in the trunk of a 93 SC400. He only has the valet key which won't unlock the trunk or the glove compartment, and the front switches to open the trunk is also locked. I wanted to know if there is another way to open the trunk, I have already taken the rear seats to see if there was access to the trunk through there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

lexus gives owners a flat key in wallet sized plastic holder. It might be a master key. Was this key also locked in the trunk? It is usually kept in your wallet as an emergency spare. If you don't have it, you might give lexus a call as they may be able to help you access the glove compartment or trunk . As a last resort they can always cut you a new master key.

I have two recommendations, both messy, of course:

1) Remove the lower portion of the knee guard on the dash (there are several online manuals that I cannot currently recall the URL to). This will expose the wires that need to be touched to open the trunk.

2) You can drill a hole 1" to the right of the key slot on the lens (for the trunk) and stick a screwdriver in there and push left (this will catch the bar that carries over to the manual release of the trunk).

I have done both methods (#2 results in a ruined right rear lens which can be replaced on eBay), and highly recommend #1, as it doesn't cause any permanent damage. Of course #2 would be quicker. Let me know what happens!

P.S. I can take pictures of either situation if you'd like me to.

We dont have the wallet copy anymore, I have been visiting my brother the past few days in LA and he is not mechanically inclined, so I will have to try it, I will be leaving town in a few hours so i will try #1. redsully, could you take a picture of that please, so i could try it before i have to go to the airport. Thanks

Call lexus head office and get the roadside service if they can send you an emergency key with next day delivery .It is well worth it.

Other wise go to the dealer and get a spare wallet key that is not made to be a valet but a full function key. for about under $20

I suggest using a plasma torch as an excuse to buy the carbon fiber trunk lid

Bean:

You know you're CRAZY!!! ;) :lol:

That reminds me Bean; could you find out whether the Soarer came as an AWD?

Thanks

Just got home. I got it open before I took off from LA. There were two small metal lids in between the rear speakers and subwoofer. I took off the lids and from there and using a flash light i was able to undo some small cloth that covers the carpeting, then I just used a metal hanger and got the keys from the trunk. Saved some money. Just got a little scratched up. My brother is going to have another master copy made, as he only has one. Thanks for all the help though.

Just got home. I got it open before I took off from LA. There were two small metal lids in between the rear speakers and subwoofer. I took off the lids and from there and using a flash light i was able to undo some small cloth that covers the carpeting, then I just used a metal hanger and got the keys from the trunk. Saved some money. Just got a little scratched up. My brother is going to have another master copy made, as he only has one. Thanks for all the help though.

Excellent. Those two metal strips must be connected to the knee level trunk opener <_<

• 1 year later...

post-16964-1112516166_thumb.jpg

I have two recommendations, both messy, of course:

1) Remove the lower portion of the knee guard on the dash (there are several online manuals that I cannot currently recall the URL to). This will expose the wires that need to be touched to open the trunk.

2) You can drill a hole 1" to the right of the key slot on the lens (for the trunk) and stick a screwdriver in there and push left (this will catch the bar that carries over to the manual release of the trunk).

I have done both methods (#2 results in a ruined right rear lens which can be replaced on eBay), and highly recommend #1, as it doesn't cause any permanent damage. Of course #2 would be quicker. Let me know what happens!

P.S. I can take pictures of either situation if you'd like me to.

I have a 1992 SC300 that was recently broken into. They didnt really get anything, but did break a window and went to town on 3 diff keyholes. Including my passenger side keyhole, trunk keyhole, and trunk release-lock keyhole by the steering wheel. Now I cannot get into my trunk! The key will not budge into either the trunk, or into the trunk release lock, to unlock it. Can you please provide me with a wiring diagram or instructions on how to get it opened? I do not wish to drill a hole into my trunk. thanks in advance, if you can email me at kzakicker@aol.com, that would be perfect. thanks much...

All you should have to do is take off the trim pieces from your foot level all the way up to the padded stuff around the steering wheel. Theres screws for the stuff around foot/knee level and the padded stuff comes out by pulling. Once you take off all of the trim pieces just disconnect the plug that goes to the trunk release and put a paperclip or a wire in the connector to connect the two wires.

By the way, the Soarer never came in AWD. The UZZ32 was active suspension/4 wheel steering 1UZ V8 and thats the closest to perfection that it came