Energy Mxv4+ Or Bridgestone Turanza Ls-v

bbbic

Hi,

Anyone tried either the Michelin MXV4+ or the Bridgestone Turanza LS-

V's? I need some feedback. Oh, the Turanza's come with a 40,000 mile warranty. And the Michelin's I've read do poor in rain? True? Thanks.

Hi,

Anyone tried either the Michelin MXV4+ or the Bridgestone Turanza LS-

V's? I need some feedback. Oh, the Turanza's come with a 40,000 mile warranty. And the Michelin's I've read do poor in rain? True? Thanks.

I've had MXV4 Energy on my Vovlo S60. They last a long time. I have 45K miles on them and they look like they could go another 20K. These tires are not very good in wet and snow. They are also quite harsh riding in the Chicago winter and noisy.

Turanza's are rated highly and are supposed to be a better all around tire. They're a bit pricey.

I recently bought Falken 512's for my ES300. These tires are rated higher than both of the above tires. In fact they are Consumer Reports best all season performance tire in their Nov issue. I can see why. They are very quite, comfortable ride, good handling characteristics, good in wet and snow and wears extremely well (rated 60K). I'm very pleased with it's performance. To top it off, they are abour 2/3 cheaper than the Turanza's. 215/60/15 are $44 each at Vulcantire.com. They're the cheapest. The only problem is because of their popularity, some sizes are on backorder.

I recommend them highly. You will not go wrong.

True the Michelin do last a fairly long time, I took them off my 01 ES in favour of the Toyo Proxes TPT's. I found they were quieter, more smooth, a lot better traction in the rain & snowy condition for a cheaper price. They have a 400 tread rating (60,000 mile warranty) with traction A & temperature A. I would give that tire some serious consideration as well. I have been very disappointed with Bridgestone tires (specifically the Potenza RE 92's) & will never out of principal purchase Bridgestone tires again. You should be able to get the Toyo's for about $ 85 - 90 a piece (depending on your size). They are a high performance touring tire & a lot of people overlook them as they are not offered on the tirerack website. Good Luck!

:cheers:

bbic:

I had Michelins on my G20 and they were excellent. The only problem with the Michelins are they have softer sidewalls. If you hit a curve, you're likely to have a blow out.

I like em both. If you're looking for tires I suggest getting a good tread pattern like the Aquatreads.

The Toyo has a more aggressive tread pattern for channeling rain & snow for more percise traction. They are VERY quiet & smooth & have a 60,000 Mile warranty. Phone a few tire dealers & ask some questions about the different choices you have. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi PhilP,

Thanks a lot for your info. I planned to buy the Turanza LS-V for my LS400 to replaced the Michellin XGT V4. After read your input, I changed my mind and ordered 4 of the Falken Ziex ZE-512 today from America's Tire. The price is $83.99+Tax each including balancing and mounted. As you said they are on 2-week backorder. Hope they are good ones.

Lexur, let me know how you like the Falkin's....my finance needs new rubber for her car (2003 Ford Focus ZX5 - 205 50 16 which is a bit of a rare size but Falkin makes them in that model tire) I've heard good things about the Falkins. Any feedback would be appreciated. They did awesome in the latest Consumer Reports used car guide on tire evaluations!