Greetings To The Lexus Es350 And Es300H Community!

wheeljack

Hello everyone,

I am now a proud owner of 2013 Lexus ES300h. Over the years, I've leased Camry hybrids (2008, 2010 and 2012) and loved them all. The 2012 Camry ride quality became too firm for my taste and I was initially looking at the new Avalon but a fully loaded hybrid would cost as much as a base Lexus ES300h. So I made a decision to pay an extra $5K to trade up to the Lexus brand. I purchased it time as I intend to keep it for at least 5 years and not stress about changing cars every 3 years and keeping an eye on my mileage. My purchasing experience is definitely a step up from Toyota and even the service department were very professional and friendly (I was there to customize some settings). I am quite familiar with the ES300h power plant as it is the same set up with 2012 Camry and 2013 Avalon Hybrid so I know what to expect in driving this car. The ride quality is definitely better, the doors are heavy but they open wide so I can easily load and strap my kid in his car seat and it burns 87 octane gas. :)

I am attaching some photos (i'll see if I can make this work). :)

post-150766-0-05875200-1376518687_thumb.

post-150766-0-57683200-1376518690_thumb.

post-150766-0-71937900-1376518758_thumb.

post-150766-0-96791500-1376518779_thumb.

post-150766-0-69570000-1376518785_thumb.

Hi Jojo and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club,

The 300H is a nice looking ride. I've been giving some thought to a hybred the next time I trade. I have to admit I haven't had much time in the 300H, but the interior looks much like the ES350 - 2013.

Can you tell me more about the battery pack life and how many charging cycles it can go through, if in fact that is even an issue.

Paul

Hi Jojo and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club,

The 300H is a nice looking ride. I've been giving some thought to a hybred the next time I trade. I have to admit I haven't had much time in the 300H, but the interior looks much like the ES350 - 2013.

Can you tell me more about the battery pack life and how many charging cycles it can go through, if in fact that is even an issue.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Thank you. The ES300h utilize the nickel metal hydride battery and not the trendier lithium batteries. Based on the warranty booklet, it is covered for 8 years or 100K miles but since I live in CA, it is extended to 10 years or 120K miles (dealer said it's a state law). In my opinion, the electric motor batteries are maintenance free. I have spoken with a few veteran Prius owners when i still have my Camry hybrid for service and said that they didn't have any issues with the battery which they owned for 8 years. There is a vent in the left side back seat that sucks in air to keep the battery cool during operation.

Yes, the 2013 ES300h and ES350 have subtle differences in the interior (EV mode and smaller trunk space for hybrid). Outside, there is hybrid badge, blue outline on the Lexus logo and it comes with a rear lip spoiler as standard (according to my dealer). Not sure about the ES350 exhaust if they are dual chrome plated but in the hybrid model, it is hidden.

I hope this helps. :)