Need Help!

healingtouch

i'm trying to replace a left parking/front side marker light on lx450. bought a light bulb and tried replacing it but i have trouble getting to it.

unskrewed at the top of the side marker unit but the thing doesn't come off. do i need to remove headlight unit to get to it? does anyone have experience in this?

would appreciate a step by step process if possible.

After removing the screw on top, you should be able to remove the cover by sliding it forward. You don't have to remove the headlight in order to remove the cover for the side marker.

There's a pin on the bottom of the side marker that helps holding the unit in place. Carefully pry/slide the unit forward.

Thi

After removing the screw on top, you should be able to remove the cover by sliding it forward. You don't have to remove the headlight in order to remove the cover for the side marker.

There's a pin on the bottom of the side marker that helps holding the unit in place. Carefully pry/slide the unit forward.

Thi

i already tried it but it doesn't seem to come off. i tried pulling it forward like you stated but it feels like it's stuck. are you sure there's only one skrew that need to be removed?

There's one screw on top of the housing for my 97 LX450. I double checked with the Haynes manual (Toyota Landcruiser) page 12-15 also. It has a very good photo of the housing & removal procedure. There's a pin at the bottom of the housing, it can be binded if the housing has not been removed for a long time.

Not too long ago, I bought some PIAA white LED side marker lights. They looks nice.

After removing the screw on top, slide the assembly toward the front of the bumper.

Thi