Modifying An Sc400

Hi all,

I am new here and I have browsed through old posts but I do not think any answer my question. I have an sc400 I bought mainly because it was quite powerful and nice-looking, however I feel the need to upgrade it's look in order to keep up with my friends' new cars, and I do not care for ground effects. So, I was wondering if it is possible to perhaps make the front of the sc4 look more like the sc430 with that nice grill as it would freshen the look a bit. And, if so, what would be the estimate on this? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what it is, but unless it is in black or red, it just looks like an old camry to me....anyways my car is a '92, and under the hood, it burns my friends cars, but i need to keep up aesthetically, because they drive new RSXs, and BMW 3 series and such, the interiors and exterior desgins are a WHOLE lot sleeker IMO. Anyways, thanks for the link. On second thought, I do think many body kits are nice, but I just don't have the money. I already put new rims on my car, and replaced the shift knob, and added a wood grain dash kit in order to 'update' the look, which i think helped. But any other suggestions are GREATLY appreciated as this is my first car and I have small funds :(

Age = Perfection

2003 doesnt mean siht.

The Sc400 was a head of its time.

Great mods are rims, Car system, 97 kit and a nice coat of Wax and you got urself a looker.

Oh yeah dont forget the tints.

Make ur car look stock and sleek. Thats my opnion.

Thanks for the replies...I'm goin with a front lip kit or the '97+ upgrade, the fog light 'upgrade' (for night time light pattern), as well as chrome exhaust tips. I am also considering a set of staggered racing wheels, which will look quite nice on my black sc4. Still I long for the bigger front grill like the 430, but I doubt such a mod is possible ? :blink: Anyways, as it is clear to see you all know quite a bit about this stuff...so anysuggestions would be GREAT :D . Thanks, I enjoy learning from you all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the SC400 looks better than the SC430 and prefer the older smoother body lines of the earlier 92-96 models. You might consider doing less than more. The car might look better with nice 5 spoke wheels but I wouldn't over do it as the car looks pretty good the way it came from Lexus. Just my 2 cents worth.......

It was a toss up between the SC and the LS. A nice '92 LS400 showed up first and some day a SC is going to join it. As for advice on upgrades I will have to go along with most of the others and say that you should keep it minimal. A set of OEM Lexus chrome wheels would dress it up, new OEM Lexus floor matts, tinted rear and side windows, lisence plate frames and replacing any worn/broken items on the exterior/interior. It might be a '92 but the SC is heads and shoulders above any of your friends newer cars. The 1st gen SC is a timeless classic and it really doesn't need much mods in my opinion.

i too love the 92-96 style, because it's like the building foundations of the sc's reputation for good looks, and i own it. =)

hm...i'm also thinking about standing out a bit, but i definitely want to retain the original look. so im thinking of getting some nice chromes and dropping the ride to the floor. except it will mess up the car ride......