92 Mr2 Turbo Vs. 92 Sc400

I owned a MK3 Supra which uses the same turbo and same principles

he should never even hit FCO with a stock setup so he has obviously done something.

My guess would be that he shimmed the wastegate to up the boost limit, which in turn would cause you to hit FCO --- on the Supra it's set around 9 or 12psi I can't remember exactly. MR2 is probably close to that if not the same

stock boost on a MK3 Supra is around 6psi but capable of about 15 on stock internals before you should start getting nervous. I have to think that the 2.0 in the MR2 has about the same limitations. I know I've read similar statements of the Celica All-Trac which uses the same setup as the MR2

By the way, the MK3 Supra should edge out a turbo'd MR2, the longer the run, the better the Supra will do, now that I drive an SC400, I have to say even though there's only about 20hp difference between the Supra and the SC, the SC400 feels faster overall, it just doesn't have that kick of the turbo. I miss that the most. :whistles:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic