Problem With Brakes

fofi

Hello!

I have an is300 and I have been having problems woth my brakes they are noisy and has aclicking sound pls help!! Does anyone habe the same problem?? how did you fix it?? the dealer refaced my rotors already and replaced my oads a few months back and I spent alot pls help thanks

i don't know the IS that well, but on my ES, I had a clicking sound every time I hit the brakes. Dealer said it was free floating calipers. After two trips to the dealer and sitting next to my car in frustration (I didn't believe it was the brakes) I grabbed the top of the right front tire with both hands and shoved it in and out. Low and behold I recreated the exact click I was hearing. Turned out to be something broken in the front right strut. They replaced the strut assembly and the noise was gone. It is worth a try.

I can email you the letter of exact explanation of how I recreated the noise. I had left the dealer this letter so that they could recreate the noise. ( had to leave the car on a Sunday and service was closed.)

steviej

• 2 months later...

yes the strut can make that noise too but less common, you can disassemble the front brakes and use hightemp brake greas on the back of pads at all contact points to eliminate or at least lessen the noise to almost nothing. this is not just a lexus/toyota issue many manufacturers use this and it is normal. basically you are hearing the pad slide and click against the caliper when engaged in either forward or reverse. some aftermarket pads have less play but may make squeal noises due to compound differences?

• 3 months later...

ADDING THE HIGH TEMP BRAKE GREASE SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA. IS THIS A DO IT YOURSELF JOB OR IS IT SOMETHING I NEED TO ASK THE DEALERSHIP ABOUT? THE NOISE JUST STARTED TO HAPPENING ABOUT A MONTH AGO, AND BEING THE PERFECTIONIST I AM I CANT STAND TO LISTEN TO IT...I TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP FOR THE 30K SERVICE THIS WEEK AND THE SERVICE MANAGER SAID THERE WAS NOTHING THAT COULD BE DONE. PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS MIKE