Defective Radio Lcd Common Problem In '99 Ls!

K9crew

My head unit LCD crapped out a few months ago with parts of letters and numbers not showing up. Mikado fixed the problem but I noticed another '99 with the same symptoms. It's the fourth one that I've seen like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=14240

... hmmmm ... all of you guys/girls with the Pioneer system might want to start saving your pennies ... you'll need about 15,000 of them!!

:)

I have seen this car before too. Well, I guess someone should tell Lexus to stop making LCDs and go with what Camry offers. :(

93LSOwner's quote: "Try, Try, and Try if you still didn't reach your goal; you just wasted alot of time trying."

Not making fun of Lexus, but "Truth hurts."

Mikado replaced the LCD with a new (better) one. To be honest I don't know if it's an OEM LCD or if it's manufactured by another company. I should have taken a before/after picture to see if the characters are the same. Sammy at Mikado told me that it will last as long as or longer than the original display. Either way I'm happy with their work ... $150 was very reasonable for a "new" display. If it lasts for another six years I'll be happy. Heck, the rest of the system will probably have failed by then!

I think you're right about Lexus and LCD's. They have a bad track record with the A/C controller and now head units. Why are they continuing along the same path? Someone there needs to address this problem since many younger buyers are purchasing 5 to 10 year old Lexus cars. Those buyers may well be looking to buy new luxury cars in a few years. There are quite a few good alternatives to Lexus in the $60,000 price range so Lexus can't become complacent.

:)