I Must Be Crazy To Spend That Kind Of Money On A Lexus Xd.

Vietboy1st

how am i crazy?

I don't make over 2k / month after paying ferderal tax and state tax.plus health insurance -_-"

my car payment is $451 and insurance is $570 per month... gas i don't worry much about that because i have is250 and it is pretty good on gas compare with my friend Camero. Plus i am paying for my own money and insurance. Not like my friend which is younger than me 5 to 6 years old. who got his parents to pay for all of it.

The reason i like lexus because my mom owns a lexus rx350 :D it has some speed in that suv yeah. I like the leather seats in the lexus better than bmw or mercede. It looks sporty enough for a guy at my age. :D. I like how the lexus dealer is treating their customer. Especially when you have a car in for service, they are willing to give you a brand new car to drive to work if they can't fix it on time. That's how i drove a few lexus from RX,IS, CT . That's the reason why i picked only lexus....

I am a firearm guy not a car guy but what the heck. I am putting the new intake in my car this weekend. Next stuff i will save up money to tint the front window,windshield, rear light and half of the front light. Then remote starter and lojack system. next year i will put a new exhuast in and in the future i will have the car wrap it matt black and change the frontlight to 2011 lexus is250 led strip light.

My car bought for $25,300 used 23040 miles on it. with interested went up to 33,250 something with 72months payment plan... I need to refinance it after a year and half from now. can't stick with $451 monthly payment on that.. XD. Yup.. This is why i spent 3/4 of my pay check on that lexus. XD It is a beautiful car.

You must be very young for your insurance to be that high. Eek! It will go down at 21 and 25 if your record stays clean.

Post some pics and pics after your mods. I would love to see your progress.

and PLEASE don't spell Camaro with an "e". <_<

Yikes! You are paying nearly $7k per year for insurance and 75% of your income for car payments? That's the definition of being "car poor".

As much as I like Lexus, no car is anywhere near worth that. Glad you like it though.

Insurance is my business and I can tell you for sure that location makes a huge difference in rates. I love when someone from NY moves to my area I normally cut their rates down by at least 50% with much better coverage as well.

Now I think it is foolish to pay that much for your car insurance. I am not trying to pick on you but there are much better things you could do with that income-and if you are young? you could be putting that money away.

If your state offers a state fund you may want to try to obtain insurance there. In MD they have a fund for people in high risk situations and that may help.

Age breaks are at 21 and 25 with most carriers but until you get your rate down you need to find a independent agent to re-market your auto policy for you every 6 months. If you were only in MD, VA, or DE I would love to help you out.

And thank you for all you do! (Fireman)

Good news!!! i went to a big computer company. i found out i only had to pay with $125 dollars a month with premium coverage. i am extremely happy not like the insurance company my parents are using which they are paying at least 9,200 a year for 4 cars. I am telling them to change it to this new insurance company to save them at least 3 to 4 k a year. This is nuts.

So finally i only have to spend $600 or so on car insurance and car payment each month. extremely happy :D will have my car registration and then i will get my own license plate and inspection for it. :D Car so far is pretty good on gas i drove to work for a week back and forward 27 or so miles for less than 20 dollars on premium gas.. :D will up date later and take picture of the car soon.

• 4 weeks later...

That is why i am looking to go back to college to finish my degree and find a better paid job. :) . If i want something i gotta have it.. My goal is to purchase my own home and a used ferrari near future..