Cloning Your Key And Your Remote

Hi,

I saw this website , this guy is saying you can clone your key just buy the key and using your car you can program another key for it and also the witeless remote control

http://www.cureline.net/lex/howtos/howto_key_programming.htm

is this true that I can do it ? , if so then no need to get either a serial number or anthing else , just let's do it and we will have another cloned key

can anyone verify that it's possible?

Is your are 1994 or 1990-1994, you can't do that. I think what he is showing is how to program a whole new system with new keys. I'm not sure that you can do the procedure you mentioned with other Generations. But you can't do that with Gen. 1 though.

• 3 weeks later...

ive tryed that link as well,found it afew weeks ago and i could not get it to work,to test that your key remote works,open drivers door,make sure door light is on,unlock/lock 10 times,the locks will unlock/lock once to say there in test mode,within 1 or 2 secs of this press and hold button on key for a few seconds,the locks will then unlock/lock between 1 and 3 times,telling you the problem,not got paperwork at hand right now to tell you want it means,let me know how you get on,i will find the codes

I'm going to buy new key for my car and I have my original key.

Should I try what he said in his website to program the new key . or Just forget it all ?

if there is possible way to get it work I will try so , no need to go back later on to the dealer if I need more keys or I lost my key.

please advice me.

bluethunder2008,i think my key also is a original,from what lexus have told me...in the uk its 2 or even 3 hundred pounds here for a replacement key,what you get for your money is a new key and new rom which matches your new key which fits in the ecu in the boot(trunck :) ) behind the trim by the fuel tank.NOW what he also said was that it might not still work because there could be others problems,the ecu might need replacing :( not cheap...think water gets into them.

I may be like you want it to work off the key,BUT for me the cheapest option is to forget about buying another key,ive also got a spare key.

Im just going to get a alarm fitted which will also lock/unlock the alarm,i can get a new car alarm fitted here in the uk for my car for £220 all in.So for me thats the better option,doors locking/unlocking plus better more upto date alarm.

that reprogram thing on that site dont work ive tryed it at least 20 times :angry:

the test which ive posted on here does work,where you lock/unlock 10 times,its just ive got to find the paper work for the results.

I would like to have another fully functional, non valet, key for my car and came across this link:

Replacement Key

The note states that the vin and the address need to match in the lexus database, does registering on lexus.com accomplish this or do i need to goto the local dealer? Will the key function completly as the original? I need a key to start the car and to be able to open the trunk.

The key seems very cheap for a Lexus key, granted it doesn't have the remote!

Has anyone done bussiness with these people?

Hi,

I saw this website , this guy is saying you can clone your key just buy the key and using your car you can program another key for it and also the witeless remote control

http://www.cureline.net/lex/howtos/howto_key_programming.htm

is this true that I can do it ? , if so then no need to get either a serial number or anthing else , just let's do it and we will have another cloned key

can anyone verify that it's possible?

I also bought an uncut remote key off e-bay. The hardest part was finding someone to cut it. A locksmith gets a used remote key and replaces the blade. I got this key cut and I programmed it according to links here and it starts the car but I have no remote functions. I have just read that you need to program the remote seperately. I'll give it a try .