July & Year Sales Strong!

pj8708

The auto sales figures just out for July show double digit increases for many badges. Sales numbers are nearing those of prerecession levels. That despite the fact that prices haven't been lowered, just streching out the payments.

As I read the article, I wondered what was the most popular way to purchase a Lexus? Would it be: A standarnd installment loan plus trade

B. Lease?

C. Cash upfront + Installment loan

D. Cash

E. Other.....please explain?

This is not a survey,no results will be tabulated. It's simply an interesting way to look at the difference(if there is any, between a luxury car buyer experiance and a median car buyer.

Lets have some fun with this!

(Actually, Steve W buys my Lexus for me.) (I know where the family skeletons are buried.)LOL

Paul

http://autos.aol.com/article/auto-sales-july-ford-gm-general-motors/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl12%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D353047

I traded in my 370Z for mine. My Z was paid for because I sold my Camaro I had had for 17 years and paid it off. Needless to say, I had a great trade. Other than that, I don't think I would have spent this much money on a car. My husband and I like to travel.

I think low interest rates play a factor too.

I'm a perfect lease candidate. I keep a car perfect and I keep them low mileage. I just don't want to be under contract to HAVE to keep a car a certain amount of time. If something else turns my head, I want to be able to get it.