Need Help Desperately

adey

Changed the battery in my car today and all hell has broken loose. I have been away to reset my windows and moon roof but my Nav has a mind of its own.

MAP, DEST and MENU screens are all blank. However CLIMATE, AUDIO, DISPLAY works perfectly.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Adeola.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your problem. But I do want to clarify a few things for others that are going to be reading your post.

What was the reason for replacing your battery? Had the battery been fully run down, discharged, before you took the cables off? What do you mean by saying, "I have been away to reset my windows and moonroof".

Have you tried re-inserting the navigation DVD?

Hopefully other members who are familiar with your model system will chime in here and give you some answers

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for responding. The battery went flat because the car was left in the "On" position. The battery wasn't fully discharged but it couldn't crank the engine. All attempt to jump start it was unsuccessful. I think my jumper cable was defective so i just took out the battery and replaced it with another. I meant to say that "I have been able to reset my windows and moonroof".

I have re-inserted the DVD about 10 times. The Nav DVD player works fine as i can hear the mechanism moving. i will try to reset the navigation system tomorrow using the info on this site http://www.ehow.com/how_7588719_reset-lexus-navigation-system.html

Just found out that my DVD screen (roof mounted) is also not working. So I am assuming the problem is with something the Nav system and DVD screen share in common.

Any idea what this might be?

Just found out that my DVD screen (roof mounted) is also not working. So I am assuming the problem is with something the Nav system and DVD screen share in common.

Any idea what this might be?

Have you checked your fuses? Kind of strange they would both be out.

I have checked all fuses in both the hood and driver's side. They all appear to be in good shape. I checked all the regular 2 pin fuses but I didn't check the bigger relay types.

Not sure what else it could be? Will your unit play a DVD on the front screen when still with E. Brake depressed? If so see if that works just out of curriosity?

Not sure the DVD works but the screen does not come up. There is no power to the roof display. I must be missing a power breach somewhere. This is so frustrating.

Hi Everyone

I finally figured the problem with my nav and display screen. It was the ipod adapter i installed that was messing up my system and it has been resolved by just disconnecting the adapter.

• 1 year later...

Hello

Good to learn from Adeola. But does this mean we should be careful by avoiding the act of removing the battery cables. I haerd that when you do such it affects the whole electrical system of the GX.. can ypou please all shed some light on this

Thank you