Best Wax?

best car wax????
i know this will be pretty subjective, but i was wondering on experience here...
the deal is advance auto 40% off, but I don't know which to buy???

Meguiar's Ultimate Synthetic Polymer Liquid Wax seems to have good reviews, also the high tec yellow

I used to be a zymol man, but it's a headache with the light blue residue in all the cracks so I was looking at trying something else,

I had bought Armor All Extreme Shield Wax on special. I like how left no white residue on plastic, but the shine was not the wet look I was after and I left some streaking (too much of an area at one time?)

the car is a Lexus es 350 in smokey granite mica (dark charcoal color almost black). ( this is my 2nd lexus and I know the paint sometimes suck.

I read good reviews on Collinite Insulator Wax (gives me call my local store so I doubt if they stock it) and Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish.

just wondering if I should get sometimes else with the 40% off it's generally cheaper than wally world.

Zaino....BAR NONE!

http://www.zainostore.com/

Once you use this, especially on a dark car, you will never use anything else. Yes, it is expensive, but so is your car.

This is what my Camaro looked like with it's 17 year old GM paint job thanks to multiple coats of Zaino.

post-148822-0-49954200-1374529212_thumb.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Not even so much about the wax as the prep. Waxing is only the final step of a rather detailed process.

The ONLY wax I have used in 15 years is Collinite #845 Insulator Wax. None of you will ever use it because you will never locate any. Should that happen, you will know why I say that.

Not sure if you are as meticulous with your car as I am with my cars as I am but I suspect so. Spent the day detailing my wife's RAV4. Most people said it looked clean before I started but that was not the case. I love our garage here as it is empty except for 2 cars and my Mongoose bicycle, and my TV.

I have slacked off a lot. I used to be totally ridiculous. My '95 Z28 I had....when I would get a new license plate decal, I would take off the plate scrub it, wax it, wax behind it. When I sold it and removed the plate, the new owner couldn't believe that it was so clean and shiny back there. I'm not that anal anymore.