Sc400 Vs Jaguar Xk8

Yes, I'm a n00b

:huh:

Yes, I did a search.

B)

So I'm thinking of getting a 96-99 SC400. I'll be honest with you, what I'd REALLY like is a Jag XK8. But it cost twice as much, and the SC400 specs look better. I haven't test driven a XK8 yet, but I did test drive a '92 SC400 and a Jag XJS and the SC400 was better.

The SC400 looks cool, but not as cool as the XK8. Anybody out there drive an XK8? Your impressions?

I believe the Jag XK8 has a bit more power than the 1992-1997 Sc400 models and about the same power as the 1998-2000 Sc400 models. The Jag may look more sexy but as I remember the rear seat was useless while once you get into the rear seat of the Sc400 it is quite comfortable (unless you are over 5'10"). Looking out the XK8 is like looking through a narrow tunnel because of the low seats and long hood. The Lexus has a more comfortable seating positiion and better view of the road. I believe the Lexus is more reliable and probably cheaper to maintain. I looked at and test drove both models and am driving the Lexus which should indicate which one I liked. It all comes down to personal preference and I suggest you test drive both models as they are both heavily discounted in the used car market. The Jags are available at most dealerships and Sc400s can be found on Ebay and autotrader.com etc. If you decide on a Sc400, have it checked by a Lexus dealership before you purchase it for around $100 to see what kind of shape it is in and the service history in addition to getting the carfax history. Good luck....

you dare compare a lexus to a jag? :lol: just kidding but i would get the SC without a heart beat. i have worked on jags... not well built. their flagship XJ like has rear axles like a truck. meaning it has primative parts that are far from superior. oh and yes nutorious for unknown engine problems. head room might be a problem and watch out for those exaust tips i have gotten a second degree burn from that on my leg just by walking and sweeping my leg on it. the skin o my leg just melted off :o well i have more but it will keep on going. bottom line just buy the SC.

I've driven the Jag and the SC4 before buying my SC3. Jags are really nice, but I wasn't impressed with the Jag. Plus I had some problems with the Convertable; it kind of blew.

If your choices are the Jag vs the SC, I don't think I need to tell you.