Rims

You know you can buy 18s for a little bit more and it would make your car look ten times better than the 17s. I also suggest getting a staggered setup, but I don't think they make ADRs that way though. If you're looking for something in that $ range, Axis has some nice ones, Ebay has a ton of stuff. I'm waiting for some good deals on tires, I found some rears, still looking for fronts. Patience is a virtue. :rolleyes:

I can buy 19's for alittle bit more, but everyone is tellin me 18-19's will ruin my ride quality. So thats why i decided for 17's.I like the luxury bounce and smotheness of the ride dont wanna lose it.

My question is are ADR rims good? and are Capitol tires good. I never heard of These tires.

I need some INFO lookin to buy Rims

ADP 17inch 8.5 Wide

Captiol Tires 245/45/17

$999.99

What you guys think? any one have any thoughts before i buy?

what exactly are you looking for? im guessing you just want aftermarket wheels to say that you have them since youre concerned about ride quality. if you want the "look", 18s are the way to go. wheels dont effect ride quality as much as tires do. ebay has a nice set of wheels going for $650 shipped and theyre also being sold by a company, which is always a big plus: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2468160645

you can then score some tires from the tire rack depending on your taste. end price will be over $1k because of the simple fact that the wheels are 18s.

now if youre looking for something that will get ya to the grocery store quicker, 17s would be my suggestion. the average 17 is lighter than the average 18 (duh!) and everybody knows that you want to reduce rotating mass; rubber weighs less than steel, so we would want more tire than wheel. personally, im looking at a set of 17x7&9 asa ar1's:

asa_ar1_ci3_l.jpg

wrapped in 245&285/40 kumho ecsta supra 712's

ku_712.jpg

as for "capitol" tires, i have also never heard of them.

Ted:

I like the rims and for the money I like the price. I'm with Hites on this. I've never heard of these tires. Any links? I like the tire pattern on the image above. Good choice.

I like the tire pattern on the image above. Good choice.

second stickiest tire kumho has to offer (#1 is their much pricier ecsta mx) if you dont count their competition series ecsta v700 :). the wheel & tire package i listed goes for $1190.

you sure capitol isnt the place where the tires were bought?

Are you sure they're not a store brand, like Pepboys has the Futura, and Walmart with Douglas? If they are, then they don't offer Z-rated Tires, something our SCs must have.

On the subject of ADR rims. I've dealt with them quite a bit, and if they are a 1 piece wheel they aren't made in Japan. They're made in Korea. As for the tires, I have no idea.. They're cheap for a reason. And with 245's in the front, your tires are going to pull you all over the road into the road grooves, so be prepared for that. I got a flat on one of my 245/45's and switched to 225/35's in the front.. Even with the ridiculously small sidewall, the tires still are more driveable just because of the fact I feel that I'm not having to fight the imperfections in the road from heavy traffic.

And in my experience, it isn't the size of the wheel that is going to ruin your ride quality, it's the size of the tire.. If you put a 255/45/20 on your car, it's going to have quite a bit of absorbtion due to the sidewall of the tire. That's where all your quality comes from, that and the suspension.

Okay Well The tires are Capitol Negotiators Made in Japan

www.gtwheels.com has a pic of them the threading looks nice.

Not sure though very confusing

As for the rims i like the 17 ADRs they look sleek.

Im definetly gettin those im just caught up on the tires now. im thinking i should get

Yokohamas

Dunlop 9000

Michelin Pilots

Rims are costing 500 dont want the tires to cost more than that. I dont know im confused :(

Rims are costing 500 dont want the tires to cost more than that. I dont know im confused :(

here are some of your tire set choices:

245/40 sumitomo htr z: $384

245/40 yokohama avs es100: $448

255/40 kumho ecsta 711: $300

255/40 yokohama avs es100: $476

265/40 kumho ecsta supra 712: $452

275/40 kumho ecsta supra 712: $440

275/40 sumitomo htr z ii: $476

these are just a small sample of whats available. the general rule of wheel to tire sizes is:

17x8: 245-275

17x9: 255-295

17x10: 295-315

the only problem is that i forget how the second number factors in.

I run 18" ADR formula 5 rims (just came out) with 225-40-18 tires on it yokohama AVS ES100. Rims i got for 380 in San Francisc new and i got the tires from tirerack.com If you still have time i say go for the 18 or 19 inch rims the 17s look very small on the SC. hope that helped

btw, if youre concerned about how tall the tires will be (speedometer correctness) you can use the following formula to determine the height of the tires:

width x aspect ratio = section height x 2 = combined section height + wheel diameter = tire diameter

heres a stock example:

225 x .55 = 123.75 x 2 = 247.5 + 400 = 647.5mm

I would NEVER put a 295 on a 9" rim. That's asking for some major trouble. If you try squeezing that fat of a tire, with that small of a rim, with that small of a sidewall, you can tear it from going over bumps in the road. I have a lot of experience with that, I went through 3 tires that way.

The second number is the percentage of the width which makes up the height of the tire. there for, a 225/40 will be taller than a 225/35.. Or a 255/35 will be taller than a 215/40.. The smaller the sidewall, the stiffer it is. The stiffer it is, the more catious you have to be with rim sizes. The aspect ratio changes the entire chart. Under XXX/50 the entire fitment chart changes.

I know for a fact that the tire will fit on the rim, but I wouldn't consider that an approved width, and I wouldn't sell anyone 295's for a 9" rim. That's asking for trouble. Speaking from experience, it can and will tear the sidewalls over rough road.