'92 Ls400 - Getting Rid Of The Alarm System?

mikky

What the title says.

Noob with a tech question.

My LS400's anti-theft system is becoming a lot more trouble that it's worth. The car is 21 years old, keys & ignitions are getting a bit worn, etc. The alarm is going off a couple times a week for no reason. It's starting to shut down the ignition & prevent me from driving the car for hours too.

At this point I just want to kill the entire AT system. I don't want a temporary solution like pulling the fuse and losing other features along with it. I don't want to solve the specific problem causing trouble today. I want the AT system gone as if the car never had one.

There must be some way to do this. Either to disconnect/deactivate the AT system by itself, or else mess with some wires and convince the system that everything is permanently okay.

Thanks for any advice.

Mike-

Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

Sorry to hear about the Bugs in the alarm system. I am hopeful someone with more knowledge can jump in here and help you out but are you sure pulling a fuse won't take care of the problem? I would just think that would be the easiest way to disable the alarm system...

I know this may not be the 'fix' you are looking for but...its simple and free and could get you by while you research a more permanent solution.

Just lock your drivers side door manually by reaching in and pushing the door lock (not electric button) to the locked position. First, you have to make sure all doors are locked and the easiest way is to push the electric lock for all locks or use the key fob. Then "electrically", either via the key fob or door key, unlock just the drivers door. That disables the AT because the system thinks you are getting in the vehicle. Then just lock the drivers door manually. The AT never 'knows' you really have the car all locked and the alarm will not false trigger.

I think the system still sees that the drivers door is closed etc, and can still go ff.

If pulling the fuse gives the results you want on the alarm, but then also kills stuff you still want power to, I would try to find a wiring schematic and find the wires from the fuse that feed the alarm, and kill that wire. Leaving power to the stuff you want.

Sorry I do not have the wiring info. Also hopefully those other things are not tied to the alarm system in a way that you can't have one without the other.

I hope these thoughts are of help.

I think the system still sees that the drivers door is closed etc, and can still go ff.

The system is, at that point, disabled so it will not 'see' anything. The alarm is armed by electrically locking, not manual locking.