Hid's On 330

300gone330

Are the high beams supposed to be yellow/standard bulbs and the regular beams the HID/purple casted bulbs?

Looks so odd having two different tint bulbs, and was wondering if this is factory set up.

Just looks odd...It would, at the very least, look more uniform to have some sort of a purple cast or white light (non HID, cause we wouldn't want to blind on coming cars OF COURSE) rather than the the nasty yellow cast of the bulbs in there now.

Just my opinion, yours may differ.

your daytime running lights are from the highbeam bulbs. look closely if you dont believe me.

so for daytime driving your vehicle turns on a relay that cuts the power to hibeam in half.

when highbeams are used the relay turns off and full power is restores making highbeam full bright.

driving lights are hid

theres no carmaker that offers hid highbeam

Wrong....

My 01 Porsche automatically tilts the HIDs upward about 1 or 2 degrees in HB mode.

On my 01 RX300 I inserted a 12 volt relay in series with the low current DRL circuit and used the contacts of the relay to energize the fog lamps. Now the fog lamps automatically act as DRLs and I can activate the fogs without interference, backlight, from the low beams.

Additionally, if you check you will find that the halogen incandescent HB bulbs will build up soot on the interior of the glass encapulation due to DRL low voltage operation and then eventually the glass encapsulation will begin to melt due to the heat buildup.

your daytime running lights are from the highbeam bulbs. look closely if you dont believe me.

so for daytime driving your vehicle turns on a relay that cuts the power to hibeam in half.

when highbeams are used the relay turns off and full power is restores making highbeam full bright.

driving lights are hid

theres no carmaker that offers hid highbeam

The FX35/45 has HID highbeams. They both don't have daytime running lights.