Remote Key ?

pwrsqr12

One of my 2 remotes broke. I guess this is a common problem. I bought a used one on eBay intending to use the good case for my key and remote stuff. My question is how to get the old key out so I can put mine in?????

B)

One of my 2 remotes broke. I guess this is a common problem. I bought a used one on eBay intending to use the good case for my key and remote stuff. My question is how to get the old key out so I can put mine in?????

B)

I have the same problem, but have yet to buy a used key because of that same problem. I see when the casing is apart that the key is molded in the bottom casing. If you come up with anything let me know. I need a casing for my key also.

James :unsure:

theres two problems when buying keys online.

1. you will have to reprogram the remotes but all lexus keys are not universal. meaning that a 2001 ls remote will not work with 2001 rx remote. even a 2001 rx remote will not be the same as 2002 remote. so dontbe fooled by the appearance of the fobs. a good way to tell is to ask lexus parts to provide you with the remote part number. then match it up to yours.

2. once you get the correct remote you will need to program it (i may be able to help)

3. the biggest problem is that your immobolozer system would also need programming. meaning that your vehicle will not start with the new key. the chip is imbedded in the remote, not theshank

good luck

• 9 months later...
theres two problems when buying keys online.

1.  you will have to reprogram the remotes but all lexus keys are not universal.  meaning that a 2001 ls remote will not work with 2001 rx remote.  even a 2001 rx remote will not be the same as 2002 remote.  so dontbe fooled by the appearance of the fobs.  a good way to tell is to ask lexus parts to provide you with the remote part number.  then match it up to yours.

2. once you get the correct remote you will need to program it (i may be able to help)

3.  the biggest problem is that your immobolozer system would also need programming.  meaning that your vehicle will not start with the new key.  the chip is imbedded in the remote, not theshank

good luck

Hi Zero4, I can't seem to email you for some reason, so I'll have to post here!

Whilst replacing the battery for my IS200 remote, the battery was left out for too long and now the remote doesn't lock/open the doors, but will happily start the car!

Can you tell if it's possible to reprogram this myself or will I have to go the dealer to do this? I think it's a year 2001 lexus IS200.

Thanks in advance.