Is300/gs300 17's On Sc?

I'm a fan of factory wheels for several reasons, one of which is that they're cheap. I've read that one or both of these cars use 7 1/2" wide 17's, which should help get rid on the slow transient maneuvers I'm feeling with the stock wheels/tires. Anyone have pics?

I found to my disappointment that there were only a handful of tires for the IS300 17" ers (7.5") that fit the SC and kept the speedo accurate within reason. Also, the GS400 rims are wider @ 8", they will hold a much wider array of tires, though you will pay more for them, especially in chrome.

Have you actually seen a full set if IS 17x7.5's for sale? The printout I got from the dealer shows that only the fronts are 7" and the 7.5's are optional for the rear, so the likelyhood of finding a used set of four 17x7.5" is pretty slim.

i see the IS rims around for 4-500 bucks i am looking to pick some up but now that you said the GS rims are 8 wide i will be lookin for the GS stuff. and the 17 were an option in japan and it looks preaty good.

The printout I got from the dealer shows that only the fronts are 7" and the 7.5's are optional for the rear.

Something is way off with that dealer. The IS does not have different width tires Frt/Rr. You can search and confirm this easily. Yes, I have purchased set of the 7.5", however, I sold them after confronting the pathetic tire choices.

• 1 month later...