2nd Gen Ls Radio Info

JdSuperpimp69

JD re your '94 LS400 Pioneer system good chance the subwoofer is 2 ohm and possibly your doorspeakers are 4 ohm if that helps. Not sure what you want to do but I just upgraded my '92 LS400 Pioneer system with no cd changer to a '92 Ls400 Nakamichi system with cd changer. Pioneersuby is the person to contact if your looking to upgrade your system with OEM Lexus audio equipment. He's working on a '94 LS400 now and you might want to do a post in the boards audio section. Four Door.

thanx, but i was looking for the actual wattage on the door speakers. IM gonna get rid of the sub all together and go w/ two Solobaric L7's w/ a Us Amps 1000 DE Amp. I'm getting a new stereo so i wanted a new amp for my mids and highs. I need to know the wattage on the speakers so i wont over power them.

there were not enuff differences to make it second gen

officially

90-94 is 1st gen

95-97 is 2nd gen

98-2k 3rd gen

2k-2k3 is 4th gen

in 95 car became wider, lighter and got redesigned engine with 20 more HP while the body was changed dramatically as well as a lot of electronic parts. power steering problems and dash problems were also fixed only in 95 and only this was sufficient enuff to make it gen II

90-94 is 1st gen

95-97 is 2nd gen

98-2k 3rd gen

2k-2k3 is 4th gen

98-00 is gen 3?? How come? They revised a few things just like Lexus does on pretty much all of their cars after the 2nd or 3rd year of production. Shouldn't it be more like(I'm just curious; I'm not tring to start an argument or anything like that ;) ) :

90-94 Gen I

95-00 Gen II

01-0_ Gen III

:cheers:

nah

jen 3 has different engine, VVTI was introduced, ignition is fully electronic and each cylinder has its own coil. transmission is also new. most of the inside electronics were changed as well. side airbags were added etc etc. gen II and III only look alike while they are different cars inside....

JD your Pioneer midrange and tweeter door speakers are 4 ohm and probably about 10-15 watts. The Nak speakers are 20 watts. If your going aftermarket amp you might as well go all the way and replace the door speakers, doubt the Pioneer speakers will be able to handle the watts.

BTW, 93/94 LS's are different from 89-92, making them 2nd gen buddy.

VMF is correct. Gen I starting from the 89-93.5 Production years because the chassis never changed, until the early 94 when the chassis and engine powerplant changed a tad. You can figure that out once you look for suspension parts for Gen I.

JDPimp:

the OEM Pioneer speaker in the doors are 4". You can also get more information from Best buy and other retailers.

• 2 months later...