Level 10 Valve Body Upgrade?

K9crew

I'm not happy with the way that my transmission shifts. I left my car with a very good independent transmission shop for two days and they informed me that no codes were present and that the transmission was working as designed. I've been in contact with JET performance and E.L. Prototypes regarding ECU upgrades but ultimately I was referred to a company called Level 10. Level 10 has a valve body upgrade for the LS that makes it drive better than a GS (in terms of shifting that is). They work with team Lexus on their GS helping the car to numerous top five finishes and have a lot of experience with Lexus transmissions. Has anyone here had a valve body upgrade performed by Level 10?

Thanks

:)

Level 10 offers a stage 2 and a stage 3 hydrosystem valve body recalibration service. According to the technician there, stage 2 is the street calibration whereas stage 3 is the racing calibration. I want the engine to feel more "connected" to the rear wheels i.e. I put my foot down and the response is immediate. The 2 second delay is driving me nuts!! The owner of the transmission shop has a GS400 and an LS430 and used to own an LS400. He told me that the GS is a completely different animal. The throttle response feels instantaneous because the transmission hooks up much more quickly. That's what I'm looking for but I don't want a GS (I don't like the look of them!) The LS is a great car except for the shifting logic. I feel that the silky power of the V8 is wasted in the cars current form.

:)

P.S. SK, have you driven an LS400 with the stage 2 HVBRS? I need to do something to make this car enjoyable to drive. I like so many things about it, especially the look, the power and the interior but if I can't resolve the shifting "problem" I'll have to let it go.

I haven;t been in any lexus with a level 10 kit but a few other cars including a camry

3 definatly is harsh

the 2 sounds pretty good if it is a basic upgrade compare the spring rates in the kit to see the pressure differences for shifting.

If your shifts that crappy then you just might need it rebuilt anyway.