'04 Gs300 Vs '04 Maxima

i'm currently in the market for new wheels. i've driven the '04 GS 300 and it rides well and has acceptable room and based on what little information i can gather it appears very reliable. unfortunately it lacks a few features i'd like, its very slow, and its very ugly on the outside. the interior is 1st rate.

i've also driven the '04 Maxima. its about the same size, rides a little rougher, is much quicker, has better gas milage, and has the features that the GS lacks. its ridicuously ugly - inside & out. i'm unsure about its reliability as well. the Max will be cheaper to own & insure but it may be significantly more exensive to repair. not to mention the frustration factor associated with a less than reliable automobile.

did any GS owners also consider the latest Maxima? do you have any thoughts regarding ownership of either?

thanks for your insight.

:unsure:

its very slow, and its very ugly on the outside. the interior is 1st rate.

I would look elsewhere. I have a GS300 and I love it. I bought it new in 98 when it first came out. No major problems. There were some TSBs that the dealer took cared of, even before it bacame a problem for me. I think the GS is a beautiful car and with a few exterior mods (kit, wheels, lowering), it is just stunning. BUT, that's just me.

That said, I would never buy a car that I felt was ugly. I would hate walking to the car everyday and saying to myself how ugly my car is. Find a car that you like both inside and out. I think you will be happier in the long run.

That said, I would never buy a car that I felt was ugly. I would hate walking to the car everyday and saying to myself how ugly my car is. Find a car that you like both inside and out. I think you will be happier in the long run.

i agree with Neo about cars and its uglyness, when u buy a car u have to like it visual, and if on a budget, u might have to sacifice speed, and just go with a car thats easy on the eyes

My friend has a max, and i own a '98GS, i'm not going to sit here and ranble on about how the 2 cars are different.. he's selling his maxima for a GS, after being in my car for a while, he really sees a difference between the Nissan and the Lexus, everything is so tight, for example i havnt opened my ash tray in years being a non smoker, and he hasnt opened his since he bought it.. mine is completly dust free, everything is still just as shiny as the day it left the dealership, his ashtray on the other hand is full of dust, from somewhere.. sometime....

not the best example to use, but it just shows the difference of quality of the two automobiles.

-Taran

I owned 3 maxima's...92 SE, 93SE & 99 SE 5 spd, black on black, with Stillen Kid, 18" momo arrows and much more...check my web site for pics..

http://www.cardomain.com/id/euromaxima99se

Now after selling my max and getting 2000 GS400 platinum edition, with only 29k miles, black on black as well with nav, is totally day & night. I think I'd never be able to go back for v6 vs. v8. Even though I must admit, I miss the looks I've had in my maxima, the speed of my max since it was 5 spd plus many other many upgrades I had. But I love my lex...even thogh it eats gas like crazy. Chromes front grill, put 03 tail lights, and planning on chroming my momo's and putting them on GS. Overall, all thumbs for lex. New max is just not the same anymore.