Well It Was Time...

Man got a call today...wife with the kids she hit a sharp rock and cut her left front tire. So with 37k on her I knew tires would be needed soon. I put on the same michelins that came on the GX. The latitudes. They have been a great tire. It's funny how new tires and an aljgnment make your car feel new!

I also have to say Lexus MotorClub was great. They dispatched a AAA guy he was there in 10 mins and had the spare on.

Wish that was the extent of my bad news but after dropping a grand in tires one of my offices Ac unit went up there is another 3k! Great day!

It's always something, isn't it! Sorry. My daughter had a flat tire in the Memphis area and AAA told her it would be 3 hours before they could get there. Arrrrrrrg. Some nice man changed it for her. We only belong to AAA to get discounts on hotel rooms.

It is amazing what new tires can do for a vehicle.

No Paul. I will keep the kid hauler aka happy meal transporter for another year or two. We only have 37,xxx on the GX and I tell you these new tires it rides just like it did when it was new. But I'm not ready to let the wifey take my Range Rover either...don't even know what I would look for if I was looking right now. I am 100% happy with the two cars we have.

I can't remember the last time I bought tires. For some reason, when I buy tires...they have a car sitting on top of them.

;)

This is the first one I have put tires on in a while too!

I'm a little sensitive about new tires right now. I took my wifes 2007 S80 Volvo in for service. The tech discovered a bulge in the sidewall of the left front tire. Obviously it had to be replaced. The tires on the car ar Continental Pro-Contact's. These are a low profile, sport tire. The Service Advisor said it would be around $300 for a new one. I replied "No it won't"!!

I about dropped my teeth. I told them I would check other vendors and get back. This dealer has a price match program so they will match anyones price. I went home and checked Tire Rack. I called two other tire stores. After all that, there was no more than $10 difference between all of them including the dealer. I bought the tire from the dealer and they did the mount and balance for free. That was $30. The also gave a little on the tire and I paid $280.

This was one expensive tire. I called Continental Tire and told them about the bulge, and asked was it covered under road hazard. "No".

I told them also that the tire only had 23,000 miles on it, and it had a 60,000 mile warranty. The tread was down to 3/32'. The customer service rep said they only do anything when it gets down to 2/32'. In other word, I was screwed.

Paul

I priced the tires on my Range Rover with th OE Michelins that come on the 20" rims they are a cool $480 a tire! I shouldn't need tires on that for awhile only 1900 miles.

I always end up getting Michelin replacement tires which last a lifetime!! My Gx470 came with Cross Terrains from factory. Around 60k miles the shop said I could easily rack 25k-30k on the thread but since it was about 7 years old already, I went ahead and bought a new set. My RX has the Latitudes and I just realized a few days ago I've racked about 30k on these Latitudes which I've only had for a little over 2 years, 30k miles later. They are still pretty far from the thread bar!