Lexus Lurching Forward

dadlexus

Recently had surprising experience: Just as I pulled into parking space, my RX 300 suddenly accelerated forward, even though I did not touch the accelerator. The car then cut completely off and came to a stop after about 20 feet. Any other owners experience this--reminiscent of the Audi cars that had "minds of their own" back in the '70s?

There is a current investigation with the Toyota Camry, Toyota Solara, and the Lexus ES300. Since your car has the same drivetrain (almost) I suppose it's possible, but I have not heard that the government investigation includes the RX.

What year is your car? What is the milleage do you have on it? Have you been taken it in for tune up lately? If you have not done so, I suggest you should have a turn up. I think it has to do with your tune up and Throttle problem. If your throttle is dirty this could cause your car to accellerate by itself. Start working on your throttle body.