Mark Levinson Amplifier Replaced In 2008 Ls460L

The amplifier in my 2008 LS 460L died (Mark Levinson) and was replaced using the extended factory warranty. The new amplifier is much too boomy with bass and the sound is actually distorted. Took it back to the dealer and was told that the amplifier was improved because too many had failed. Now the new improved one produces terrible sound. Told by the dealer nothing they could do. Called corporate and told the same thing.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket unit amplifier that will act as a replacement. This will terminate my relationship with Lexus. In 2008 I purchased three cars and now will find a replacement when I purchase three new ones. Where is the customer satisfaction that Lexus used to be known for?

Hello Alfred and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

Your dealer is correct in that there has been a consistant problem with the Levinson amps failing. However, I didn't know that they had apparently changed the range of the freqencies to provide more bass. I assume they have changed the settings on the equalizer and it didn't help. Did they check to make sure the sub woofer is not "blown" or damaged?

The only suggestion I can make is to contact the company in the link below. United Radio specializes in car audio repair. They are the only company I know of that can actually work on Mark Levinson systems. I would suggest calling them and explaining your problem and see if they can help. My main concern for you is that they will say the only way to solve the problem is to change out the entire crossover network.

Please come back and let us know what United Radio has to say.

Paul

http://unitedradio.com/automotive/