Car Died On A Stop Sign

VMF

hey guys, i was just driving to work and while i was standing on the stop sign engine just died. it started right away but still what could cause this? i also noticed that idle rpms were between 400 and 500 which i think is too low. any ideas?

i had that same typle of deal happend with rpms at a stop a while ago, but it never died

i believe you have already done this VMF, but i replaced my ingnition wires, and the problem was fixed, it was a simple as that

but like i said i remeber u doing the whole nine, plugs,wires, dist.cap, rotars, ect...

yeah, its been done less then a year ago:(

i will watch into this matter tnite when i will drive home and in the next couple of days. i wanna see if its gonna happen again

Stalling at Idle is a common symton of your throttle body being clogged. Not much else will cause it to happen. I had thought you had done this recently though?

Yeah, VMF, your idle does sound low. Mine holds very steady at 600 rpm's at idle after it is up to temperature.

nah its not water pump, i can give the engine 5k rpms and it works fine, i thought it might be the moisture condensation in the rotors/caps assembly. but after revving engine this didnt go away.:(

is it still doing it vmf? i'm leaning towards throttle issues, sounds like it didn't get enough air and therefore it idles lower <---at least that's what happens when you set the throttle sensor to the lowest setting. can it be your mass air flow sensor acting up.

on a way back from work everything seemed to be fine. i think it might be moisture since it was really humid and worm inside the garage and car was parked outside whole day in the snow so when i got back from work i parked it in garage and didnt even removed snow from the car:( since i was too tired. might it be some moisture condensation in the rotor/caps area?