Whose Car Is This?

blake918

i've got a 92 ls, I regularly go over 100 mph. just recently i drove from my girlfriends house in Redondo Beach to my house in Covina, about 40 miles, in about 20 min at 3 am. These car are biult to drive that fast, just get a radar detector and know your personal limits.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks real to me ! I've had my 1998 LS 400 with 99K to 125 easy- not a shake - and didn't have the balls to go faster in MA - the Staties are everywhere - at that speed - you loose your car. period!

Curious about the year. Didn't know 95 LSs had the wood/leather wheel - thought that came out in 1999 LS models. My '98 LS 400 has all leather wheel and (ashamedly) VINYL shift knob. ARGH. Looking on e-bay for a cheap replacement. IRA Lexus in Danvers , MA wants $427.00 for a shift knob- you heard right !

i dont think the car is his. i think dude was just test driving or something and wanted to have some fun. look at the key, looks like the spare, and the fact that he has the a/c on in 79 degree weather. yeah you'd want the windows closed going that fast but... <_<

Looks real to me !  I've had my 1998 LS 400 with 99K to 125 easy- not a shake -  and didn't have the balls to go faster in MA - the Staties are everywhere - at that speed - you loose your car. period!

Curious about the year. Didn't know 95 LSs had the wood/leather wheel - thought that came out in 1999 LS models. My '98 LS 400 has all leather wheel and  (ashamedly) VINYL shift knob. ARGH. Looking on e-bay for a cheap replacement. IRA Lexus in Danvers , MA wants $427.00 for a shift knob- you heard right !

My 98 has a wood/leather steering wheel and shift knob. They want how much for those knobs. No wonder when I go to auto dealers they keep their Lexus shift knobs inside the building. They must be hot on the street.

Looks real to me !  I've had my 1998 LS 400 with 99K to 125 easy- not a shake -  and didn't have the balls to go faster in MA - the Staties are everywhere - at that speed - you loose your car. period!

Curious about the year. Didn't know 95 LSs had the wood/leather wheel - thought that came out in 1999 LS models. My '98 LS 400 has all leather wheel and  (ashamedly) VINYL shift knob. ARGH. Looking on e-bay for a cheap replacement. IRA Lexus in Danvers , MA wants $427.00 for a shift knob- you heard right !

My 98 has a wood/leather steering wheel and shift knob. They want how much for those knobs. No wonder when I go to auto dealers they keep their Lexus shift knobs inside the building. They must be hot on the street.

You can get them on ebay for less then $120. 95-97's didnt have wooden steering wheels, just knobs on the coach edition. Wooden steering wheel and knob was a seperate option on 98's.

I had my LS400 up to 130mph on I-80 near the Delaware Water Gap. I was amazed that the car was completely smooth, like going 70. The car had a lot left but I was a CS and backed off. I knew my tires are "T" rated and a buck twenty is about the limit.,

I think both pictures are real.

The detail in the length of the needle and its "starting" position from our viewing angle is perfect.

what i mean is, the speedometer needles on the Ls400's start EXACTLY in the center of the gauge and go to the end of the integer marks in the outer circle of the gauge.See the first picture i have attached.

Since the needles are extended about a cm from the gauge face, from the angle taken in the pictures in the origional post, the needles SHOULD appear to "start" to the LEFT of the gauge center (if it's pointing to the 150mph mark), which they do in both pictures (more in the blury one because it was shaking). Just measure it, it starts to the left of the center point of tha gauge.

Do you really think someone photoshopping them would make the needles appear to start to the left of the center point? I don't think so, but i "could" be wrong!

I mean come on, only a sick person would notice they "should" appear to start to the left of the center point! LOL (that's ME!! :geek:

I have added another pic of a 98 LS400 gauge cluster taking from the same angle just on the opposite side, and the needle is pointing to 0mph. You can see how the needle appears to start to the RIGHT of the center point of the gauge. Same effect just reversed because we are looking at it from the opposite side..sorry if this is confusing but it's the only way i cant explain it LOL

The last 2 pics are the pics we are trying to figure out if they are real or not...

post-13420-1133572158_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1133572418_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1133572525_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1133572544_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Looks a little too smooth for 150mph dont u think? Maybe it's fabricated, maybe not. Here's a 1st gen doing 150. Notice how it's blurry cause of the shaking at that speed.

Hey i'm not only new to this forum, but have also only just bought a 1990 ls400. I took it out for a blast on the motorway last night and stormed along a flat section at 271kmh (167mph) at approx 4200rpm. The only modifications to the car are a full system sports exhaust and induction kit, (and before any doubters hit me with stories of the speedo being out, I have gone alongside my friends 2.0ltr turbo rover at 160 and my speedo was showing 160 too, PS don't try this at home kids, PPS all the above is alledgedly incase any of you are the police).

Plus I cant get the car to go over 4500rpm? Does anyone know about removing the limiter if thats what it is, or if it maybe is a problem with the ECT as this doesn't seem to affect the car whether on or off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks a little too smooth for 150mph dont u think? Maybe it's fabricated, maybe not. Here's a 1st gen doing 150. Notice how it's blurry cause of the shaking at that speed.

Hey i'm not only new to this forum, but have also only just bought a 1990 ls400. I took it out for a blast on the motorway last night and stormed along a flat section at 271kmh (167mph) at approx 4200rpm. The only modifications to the car are a full system sports exhaust and induction kit, (and before any doubters hit me with stories of the speedo being out, I have gone alongside my friends 2.0ltr turbo rover at 160 and my speedo was showing 160 too, PS don't try this at home kids, PPS all the above is alledgedly incase any of you are the police).

Plus I cant get the car to go over 4500rpm? Does anyone know about removing the limiter if thats what it is, or if it maybe is a problem with the ECT as this doesn't seem to affect the car whether on or off?

4500 is probably where the torque curve is greatest, it probably cant go any faster considering 145 is supposed to me max on these cars. I know there is a limiter on the cruise control, but 167 is flying!!! and a 2l going 160? You have some good gas over there...All we get is 91 at the corner pump.

4500 is probably where the torque curve is greatest (350Nm @4400) , it probably cant go any faster considering 155 is supposed to me max on these cars. I know there is a limiter on the cruise control, but 167 is flying!!! and a 2l going 160? You have some good gas over there...All we get is 91 at the corner pump.

4500 is probably where the torque curve is greatest (350Nm @4400) , it probably cant go any faster considering 155 is supposed to me max on these cars. I know there is a limiter on the cruise control, but 167 is flying!!! and a 2l going 160? You have some good gas over there...All we get is 91 at the corner pump.

It was a 2.0ltr turbo with about £5000 spent on uprating the whole engine, suspension etc.

But with regards to the revs in my ls400, I had been told when I put ECT on, that it should go all the way to 6000rpm but this doesn't happen? It's not really about top speed though, with the car changing gear at 4500 it means the next gear comes in at lower revs where there is less torque and hence overall acceleration is slower than what the car is capable of.

Any thoughts?