Whose Car Is This?

blake918

I guess it's possible that you returned the photo to its original form i.e. the driver is sitting there with his foot on the gas revving the engine. The photographer took the photo so that the tach needle is hidden and then he/she used Adobe to move the needle to 150+mph ... just a theory!

:)

if that was the case then you would end up with a dark spot on the line where "0" is on the speedo. this is 93's picture un-edited by me other than the red arrow and red circle showing the dark spot where a line used to be.

150mphedited.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on the dark spot where the line used to be; you just cut out a piece from the tach and copy it and paste it on the dark spot. As for the "O" same thing, cut out a Zero from on of the "O's" on the tach copy it and paste it on.

I just got lazy and didn't do that.

Here is a pic of my car pimped out by 93LSOwner. He lowered it, tinted the windows, and put the clear tail lights on. I think it looks great! :D I'm getting tint this week. After seeing the pics, I can't wait!

Before:

DSC00769.sized.jpg

After:

After.sized.jpg

if that was the case then you would end up with a dark spot on the line where "0" is on the speedo. this is 93's picture un-edited by me other than the red arrow and red circle showing the dark spot where a line used to be.

With Adobe Photoshop you can do just about anything to an image. As 93 implied it's very hard to tell who's done what and where! Either way, it would be a lot easier if the driver/photographer just owned up and put and end to the mystery i.e. how fast, when, where and were you scared?!!!

:)

blake: thats very cool! now all you have to do is have your friend paste some rims in there that you like and see if your really like them. i always wanted somehting like that and maybe i should get started.

i'll show u guys top speed im going to take a picture of my guages when i hit the most on my LS muahahahahaa

right about now i wish i had taken a pic of my speedo when i hit 145mph in arizona. that was a lot of fun!! :D

• 1 year later...

I am very surprised that you guys don't think that it can got that fast. I am going to have find out. I just bought my LS400 less than 24hrs ago. Was looking for a winter beater and love my BMW 740i too much to drive it in the snow. I think the LS400 can get to 150mph feels like it. :D

I am very surprised that you guys don't think that it can got that fast.  I am going to have find out.  I just bought my LS400 less than 24hrs ago.  Was looking for a winter beater and love my BMW 740i too much to drive it in the snow.  I think the LS400 can get to 150mph feels like it. :D

you have to be joking thats like me saying i bought a 745i for a winter beater, i wouldnt dare drive my ls in the snow

lol i agree sha id buy a front wheel drive car if iwas gonna drive in snow but im in texas so we get like maybe have an inch of snow if that liek ever 5 years so im not worried about that and were lucky to get rain but the heat is what mess's up cars here especially when its 100+ every day

lol i agree sha id buy a front wheel drive car if iwas gonna drive in snow but im in texas so we get like maybe have an inch of snow if that liek ever 5 years so im not worried about that and were lucky to get rain but the heat is what mess's up cars here especially when its 100+ every day

lol i get you now :cheers:

you have to be joking thats like me saying i bought a 745i for a winter beater, i wouldnt dare drive my ls in the snow

Why not? With 4 good snow tires, a little weight out back & common sense, what would be the problem?

I'd drive a 745i as a winter beater lol........sacrifice a Bimmer for a Lex I would anyday. B) ;) Body wise, winter isn't that bad on a vehicle as long as it's washed frequently to keep the salt off.

:cheers:

doent look like the car is moving.....

picture is too clear for 150mph

Sorry pal. The picture can be clear. I put my 98 LS400 on 153mph and my steering wheel didn't even have any vibration in it. The other picture that was blurry may have needed an alignment. Or considering it was the first generation, it was a four speed automatic. I can put my Acura on 135 but it gets some vibration.

doent look like the car is moving.....

picture is too clear for 150mph

Sorry pal. The picture can be clear. I put my 98 LS400 on 153mph and my steering wheel didn't even have any vibration in it. The other picture that was blurry may have needed an alignment. Or considering it was the first generation, it was a four speed automatic. I can put my Acura on 135 but it gets some vibration.

You guys know that pic is photoshopped right?

Why not? With 4 good snow tires, a little weight out back & common sense, what would be the problem?

I'd drive a 745i as a winter beater lol........sacrifice a Bimmer for a Lex I would anyday. B) ;) Body wise, winter isn't that bad on a vehicle as long as it's washed frequently to keep the salt off.

:cheers:

i didnt mean it wouldnt perform, i just dont trust other nyc drivers when the snow falls

it can and it will....

one thing though... now thinking about it.. that picture could have been a dyno.

the car will reach those speeds.

NO one runs a dyno with the A/C on.

I do it all the time on my gms.... since i can set the pcm to shut off the compressor at whatever throttle position i want or whatever rpms i want :D

You guys making too much out of this. In Europe people drives 140-170 mph on hour regularly, these cars made for speed one of the posters says this speed antenna would have damaged? give me a break!!!

Actuality buying these cars in US is a waste of money because you can not enjoy the car what this car really made for.

I go over 100 mph ones in a while for 30 seconds. Yeh thats all we got here.