Whose Car Is This?

blake918

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well both needles are about in the right place well the rpm's we cant see but its in the right region (about 4000) it does look smooth but there is a lot of light so the shutter speed was probably very fast so small bumps wouldnt show.

I posted the picture that I had found somewhere. I also thought it was a little too clear for 150mph. Besides, I would have like to see the tach. Of course they could have used a camera with a high speed lens I guess.

I just thought it looked cool. The blurry picture (which I have also seen before) sure looks realist to me.

Its very possible. doing 135+ in my 94 was smooth as silk. no kidding. with properly balanced tires and everything else in good working order it should be rather smooth. a high speed camera also might be it. my brothers digital camera can freeze thinks moving really fast and its very clear. the only thing is... who has the balls to do that kind of speed in broad daylight?? when i hit 135, it was @ 3 AM and they were NO cars on the local beltline.

another thing... notice how his radio is on. i cant imagine what his antenna looked like after doing that kind of speed (if it was still there at all)

That's a 98+ model LS.....

No Antenna - built into the back glass :D

Maybe that was my 99LS on the way to the Lexus Auction?? :lol: :whistles:

The Tach seems to be running lower than 5000 RPMS. Do you think this would be the case if you were running flat out? Its no where near red line at 6000. Also the trees above the dash would definitely be blurred at 150. Fast camera or no fast camera...either this pic is a fake, the speedometer is broken or the measurement is in Kms per hour vs Mph.....

The Tach seems to be running lower than 5000 RPMS. Do you think this would be the case if you were running flat out? Its no where near red line at 6000. Also the trees above the dash would definitely be blurred at 150. Fast camera or no fast camera...either this pic is a fake, the speedometer is broken or the measurement is in Kms per hour vs Mph.....

Malfunctioning speedometer could be a great theory to consider, because on of my friend’s car’s speedometer is broke it stays at the bottom ( at zero) or just jumps up and goes to 140mph (top speed on his car) for about 9 seconds, (a lot of time to take a picture). But his car has a regular instrument panel not an electronic one.

Well the LS gauges are normal analog not electronic, they're just constantly backlit.

I can believe that it was taken at 150MPH, the LS is very smooth all the way to the limiter.

However I can also believe its a fake, his grip on the wheel doesn't look like someone driving potentially 95MPH over the speed limit.

assuming the tach in the second picture is in the correct position then the steering wheel is blocking the right area of the tach in the first picture so i would think that the car is actually going 150. i mean who would go through all the trouble to make the speedo go to 150 when all you have to do is stomp your foot for a bit? :lol:

The Tach seems to be running lower than 5000 RPMS. Do you think this would be the case if you were running flat out? Its no where near red line at 6000.

The stock tire rotates about 780 times per mile which at 150mph is about 1950 times per minute. If the rear end is close to 3.29:1 and the overdrive ratio is around 0.7:1 then the rpm would be around 4500. Other rear end ratios such as 3.73:1 = 5091 rpm, 3.55:1 = 4845 rpm, 3.07:1 = 4190 rpm assuming an OD ratio of 0.7:1.

Maybe the car is on one of those mobile dynos outside a shop!!

:)

• 3 months later...

If the second photo is the "real" photo then the driver has his foot on the gas such that the tach is over ~ 2100 rpm but less than ~ 5100rpm. Perhaps someone used Adobe Photoshop to move the speedometer needle to the speed shown in the first photo!

Perhaps someone used Adobe Photoshop to move the speedometer needle to the speed shown in the first photo!

:lol::lol::lol: I used the Version 7.0 in the Second Picture. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for the confusion guys. I photoshoped the second picture and took the needles from the first picture and rotated them and covered the old ones with a piece of the background.

I guess it's possible that you returned the photo to its original form i.e. the driver is sitting there with his foot on the gas revving the engine. The photographer took the photo so that the tach needle is hidden and then he/she used Adobe to move the needle to 150+mph ... just a theory!