Center Console Stuck

kernal

Anyone have this problem?

My center console has been fine but now it slides back but won't lift up. All that's in there is the namual so I can't cjeck to see if there's some kind of lock or something.

Help Appreciated, I don't want to break anything.

Thanks

Hi Russ. Welcome to the Club.

I see your Lexus is a 2010 LS. Is your mileage over 50,000? If not your still in warranty. Take it to your dealer. If your out of warranty, there is no lock, ( key type) for the console lid, just a latch. You say you store only your owners manual in the console. Could a piece of paper from one of the pages be torn off and stuck in the latch.

Have you stored other items in the console, such as fast food wrapers, gloves, anything that could get caught in the latch.

What ever you do, don't force it or try to pry it open. If you can't see the latching mechanism to ascertain if in fact something is stuck in there, go to your dealer.

Come back and let us know what you find out.

Paul

Anyone have this problem?

My center console has been fine but now it slides back but won't lift up. All that's in there is the namual so I can't cjeck to see if there's some kind of lock or something.

Help Appreciated, I don't want to break anything.

Thanks

Did a search of our data base and found this posting. Not sure if it will help.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/73835-center-console-will-not-open-03-ls430/