Noise Under Dash

measureman

:wacko: Newbe, first time buyer. 2001 RX300 - 39,000 miles. Every now and then I hear a noise that sounds like a relay ckick from under the dash. At first I thought maybe it was the stereo. I turned off the stereo,heater and anything else I could think of but still heard the click. I can't find the sound either. Whenever I hear the click I'm driving. It sounds like its comming from the glove box. Any ideas????? :unsure::unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
:wacko: Newbe, first time buyer. 2001 RX300 - 39,000 miles. Every now and then I hear a noise that sounds like a relay ckick from under the dash. At first I thought maybe it was the stereo. I turned off the stereo,heater and anything else I could think of but still heard the click. I can't find the sound either. Whenever I hear the click I'm driving. It sounds like its comming from the glove box. Any ideas????? :unsure::unsure:

:wacko: I can't believe no one has heard this noise. There is another thread with 16 answers to the same question. Can anyone help?? :wacko:

:wacko: Newbe, first time buyer. 2001 RX300 - 39,000 miles. Every now and then I hear a noise that sounds like a relay ckick from under the dash. At first I thought maybe it was the stereo. I turned off the stereo,heater and anything else I could think of but still heard the click. I can't find the sound either. Whenever I hear the click I'm driving. It sounds like its comming from the glove box.  Any ideas????? :unsure:  :unsure:

:wacko: I can't believe no one has heard this noise. There is another thread with 16 answers to the same question. Can anyone help??:wacko:

I here something like what you get when the edge of 2 plastic sheets snap against each other....I guess something like what you get when a relay is tripped. The volume, and frequency of the "snap", "click" varies for me. My sound is imminating from the the middle of the dash, just under the windshield. I'm thinking its related to the "cowl" TSB?

Measureman,

It seems many Lexus models are plagued by this mysterious noise. I drive a 99 LS400 and I have the same noise. One member in the IS300 forum discovered that there is a trim that's connected to the dash and firewall and when it heats up in cold weather is starts to make this noise. Do a search in the IS forum on the topic.

• 4 months later...

i have a 2001 rx300 silversport and it has been making the same noise.. it started around 50k mi... i dunno wtf it is but it annoys the hell out of me so i just put my stereo loud so it over powers the clicking noise.. i actually thought it was my disc changer shuffling.. never the less its quite an annoyance.

someone plz respond who has gone to the dealer!

• 2 years later...

I heard it on my 2001 RX 300 and then it stopped. Now I don't have any air blowing out of the defroster nor the floor heat. Main vents blow air hot and cold even AC works. Does that help anyone solve the problem. My car is at the shop now and I'm holding my breath. 35,000 miles on the car.