Caliper

I just wanted to say that i had a caliper changed on my car friday. The car squealed continuously and really loud and the car was shaking so bad. I just wanted to post what it did so that if anyone else has this problem they will have an idea of what it might be. I had to have the back brakes changed again because it wore the one down. It cost me $155.00 for everything.

Although I don't know if the ES uses the same caliper as the LS, I'll bet they are similar. I have a PDF slideshow explaining how to replace the caliper. I bought a caliper for my LS for less than $100, the pads were $71 at the dealer. I did the work.

Quite an easy job, easier than I expected.

It was 155 for a caliper and labour or a rotor and labour? 155 alone not labour is very good for a caliper but it usually won;t cause squeeling.

An es and ls have different calipers and rotors they are much bigger on an lsbut the same floating caliper design.

They are easy to chane just 2 bolts and the brake line bolt and it is off for a caliper. the rotor needs the carrrier arm for the caliper removed which should be another 2 bolts more and that is it.

It squealed real loud. They said cause it was stuck closed and wore the break pad down. Since they changed the caliper and breaks it don't squeak no more.

I don't pay labor. My brother-in-law does it. He has a garage. :D