Do You Trust Our Government?

lenore

I am afraid we are doomed when the young folks don't care, and the other folks on government dole don't want anything else. The poor folks in the middle working everyday and trying to support their families are targets of both sides wanting their money, in the largest redistribution of wealth that this country has ever known. I want problem solving as I have always said, but both parties are sick and more power hungry than representative.. common sense went out the door, and now we are paying and loosing our rights, our country, and any sense of good feeling.

And exactly how is all this Lexus-related? Can we keep this forum focused on what's supposed to be? There are other ways and avenues to vent your feelings.

But just to clear the air: all these tax -exempt "social welfare" (???) organizations, crying of oppression and discrimination, are all BS, deep and unadulterated. Money, unlimited money, in our political system, are destroying the country.

So now, back to our Lexuses...

FYI, The plural of Lexus is Lexi. Sounding the i as a long i.

And exactly how is all this Lexus-related? Can we keep this forum focused on what's supposed to be? There are other ways and avenues to vent your feelings.

But just to clear the air: all these tax -exempt "social welfare" (???) organizations, crying of oppression and discrimination, are all BS, deep and unadulterated. Money, unlimited money, in our political system, are destroying the country.

Your Latin grammar admonition would be correct if Lexus were an actual singular Latin word. It is not, it is an invented word, and the rules of the plural on it are much looser. That said, any opportunity to review my high school Latin is much appreciated.

Your Latin grammar admonition would be correct if Lexus were an actual singular Latin word. It is not, it is an invented word, and the rules of the plural on it are much looser. That said, any opportunity to review my high school Latin is much appreciated.

I feel your pain..lol! I sat through a semester of Latin and was quite sure I was either going to put a bullet in my head or the teachers. Come finals, it was a toss up.

Thanks for the feed back.

Paul

No.

In answer to the thread title - Yes, yes I do... Just kidding.

I don't think things are all doom and gloom but changes are needed.

Yes. :ph34r:

I don't feel doom and gloom, however everyday your rights as provided by the Constitution are being taken away. The government tells you how to manage your kids, taking away parent responsibility, the IRS takes unlawful actions to control groups, the Judicial branch monitors news groups illegally voiding the 1st amendment, our government tells employers what they will or wont do concerning healthcare, the government enacts legislation that basically prevents ownership of guns which was guaranteed by the 2nd amendment, when confronted with illegal activities by judicial branch the government fails to supply evidence (emails, etc) to Congressional oversights, when confronted with illegal voting place tactics (Black Panthers) the government looks the other way and prosecutes no one. The list goes on and on and this administration declaring transparency is so corrupt in activities that it could have been written from the rule book of Chicago Politics.....Yet people are more concerned about their latest apple iphone, you tube, or Hollywood idiot pushing their agenda. When young are asked whom is the vice president, or what the latest news event is they have no clue. We have turned into a apathetic, ignorant society, that has no clue to what is being pushed their way.

No.

In answer to the thread title - Yes, yes I do... Just kidding.

I don't think things are all doom and gloom but changes are needed.

Yes. :ph34r:

Government/Media = Wag the Dog...Pathetic Crooks..Your vote only counts if counted by someone who did not vote...

I don't feel doom and gloom, however everyday your rights as provided by the Constitution are being taken away. The government tells you how to manage your kids, taking away parent responsibility, the IRS takes unlawful actions to control groups, the Judicial branch monitors news groups illegally voiding the 1st amendment, our government tells employers what they will or wont do concerning healthcare, the government enacts legislation that basically prevents ownership of guns which was guaranteed by the 2nd amendment, when confronted with illegal activities by judicial branch the government fails to supply evidence (emails, etc) to Congressional oversights, when confronted with illegal voting place tactics (Black Panthers) the government looks the other way and prosecutes no one. The list goes on and on and this administration declaring transparency is so corrupt in activities that it could have been written from the rule book of Chicago Politics.....Yet people are more concerned about their latest apple iphone, you tube, or Hollywood idiot pushing their agenda. When young are asked whom is the vice president, or what the latest news event is they have no clue. We have turned into a apathetic, ignorant society, that has no clue to what is being pushed their way.

That sure sounds like doom and gloom to me.

Things are never as bad as they seem AND never as good as they seem.

The reality is somewhere in the middle.

• 4 weeks later...

I fear that we have lost what love of the pursuit of peace feels like, with the scars of our blood lust of revenge that prevents us from stop hunting against the latest "threat" against what we're supposed to be honoring. We are consumed by the kiss of death, which is arrogance, and is fueled by ignorance of abstinence of our own sense of humanity towards the smelly victim to your left/right.

Hate to say it, but we've forgotten what 9/12 feels like.

How very true, We have forgotten how to pull together As Americans and solve problems logically without emotion. Our government is corrupt (both parties) and we have truly reached levels approaching 1984 book controls of citizens, and because of our apathy we are no more than pawns.